Run-time error '3251'
Author Message
 Run-time error '3251'

Benny,

It is a really, really bad idea to do this. Also, not strictly legal.

The files needed would vary from machine to machine, depending on what's already
installed (OS and components). Only mdac_typ.exe has all components needed all
the time. You'll spend eternity in DLL hell unless you repent.

Mark Holder

Quote:

> Hi, All,

> Please Help.
> I encounter this run-time error at the line where the program performs an
> 'ado.find' command. It's running fine on the development machine where
> visual studio is installed. It was also fine when I distribute my
> application with mdac_typ.exe. Due to the big file size constrains I've over
> the mdac_typ.exe, I remove it from my package and manually added in all the
> run-time files require for ODBC manager, OLE DB core components,OLE DB
> provider for Microsoft jet & ADO core components and hope that I will run.
> In fact, other ado commands are okay except the 'ado.find'. What will be the
> possible files that I've missed out from my package ? Thanks for any advise.

> Rgds
> Ben

Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error '3251'

Quote:
> Benny,

> It is a really, really bad idea to do this. Also, not strictly legal.

> The files needed would vary from machine to machine, depending on what's already
> installed (OS and components). Only mdac_typ.exe has all components needed all
> the time. You'll spend eternity in DLL hell unless you repent.

I have installed mdac_typ.exe file, and still no results...

        MIke

Wed, 07 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. run-time error: '3251':

2. Run-time error '3251'

3. Run-time error '3251' - Access2K

4. Run-time error '3251' on NextRecordSet

5. Run-time error '3251' on Nextrecordset

6. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

7. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

8. 3251 Run Time Error on Oracle DB

9. Run-Time Error 3251, What Gives!

10. Run-time Error 3251

11. Run Time Error 3251