Treeview, Checkboxes and Screen Resolution
Author Message
 Treeview, Checkboxes and Screen Resolution

I am having trouble using the treeview control w/the checkboxes property
enabled and the style set to tvwTreelinesPlusMinusPictureText. The first
problem is that the icons (taken from an associated ImageList) do not appear
correctly (i.e. they are quite dithered (not visually sharp) and/or they get
clipped) on the three different machines where I am building/running my
application (e.g. 1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024 and 1600 x 1200 screen resolutions
on three different machines). The ImageList was populated in the design
environment using images from VS 98's ..\Common\Graphics\Icons\Win95
directory. Interestingly when I set the image size property in the ImageList
to 16 x 16 it displays in the height and width edit controls as 22 x 22, so
instead I set a custom size to 16 x 16.

The problem w/the checkboxes is that they are clipped along the bottom edge
when used w/the default 8.25 sized MS Sans Serif font. I suspect that these
problems are related.

I am using VB6 SP1 on NT4 SP4 and vanilla VB6 on NT4 SP3.

Any advise, sample code, bug reports, etc. would be quite welcome. I've
checked most of the popular VB wed sites and have not seen this particular
problem documented.

Thanks,
djg

Thu, 19 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Treeview, Checkboxes and Screen Resolution
Hmm ... first thing to do would be to try a different video card in the
offending system.

--

Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Treeview, Checkboxes and Screen Resolution
Problem SOLVED.

Through discussions w/a very helpful MSFT support technician we realized
that the problem stems from a setting in the Display Properties - Appearance
tab. It appears that the checkboxes get their size from the font size of the
"Active Title Bar" Item. I had mine set to 12.

djg

Thu, 26 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Treeview, Checkboxes and Screen Resolution

2. Changing screen resolution in full-screen programs?

3. Changing screen resolution in full-screen programs?

4. Screen coordinates change after changing screen resolution???

5. How to Change Screen Resolution in VBA

6. Screen resolution problem

7. Screen Resolution

8. Screen Resolution

9. Resize - screen resolution code

10. Screen resolution

11. Retrieving display information (screen resolution)

12. Screen Resolution