Cut some of a picture
Author Message
 Cut some of a picture

VB6: I have a form with a picture (800x600). I  want to cut out a small part
of the picture and save this as a seperate picture. I'm having problems
doing that. The only thing I can come up with right now is to use Point to
read each pixel color in the area that I want and then make a new picture
with the right (new) size and the use PSet to make the wanted area. That
unfortunately takes a looong time. Some VB code would be appreciated very
much, but if you just have a better suggestion than my idea, please let med
know.

Best regards

Lars Thomsen Nielsen

This emails is made by 100% recycled electrons

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:36:30 GMT
 Cut some of a picture

Quote:
> VB6: I have a form with a picture (800x600). I  want to cut out a small
part
> of the picture and save this as a seperate picture. I'm having problems
> doing that. The only thing I can come up with right now is to use Point to
> read each pixel color in the area that I want and then make a new picture
> with the right (new) size and the use PSet to make the wanted area. That
> unfortunately takes a looong time. Some VB code would be appreciated very
> much, but if you just have a better suggestion than my idea, please let
med
> know.

Take a look at the PaintPicture method of the PictureBox (or Form for that
matter.)

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 01:58:34 GMT

1. Stupid Question -- Cut and paste a picture?

2. how to cut n paste a selected portion of picture box

3. how i can cut, copy and paste a section of a picture in vb4

4. To Cut the portion of the Picture file

5. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

6. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

7. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

8. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

9. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

10. How to Cut,Copy & Paste only an area of Picture Box?

11. Replacing a pictures properties with another pictures properties

12. convert embedded pictures to linked pictures??