Read = Write Settings to Registry or Custom File?
Author Message
 Read = Write Settings to Registry or Custom File?

I want to save user preferences (combo and check box) so the program will
start up with the users last used settings.  Is it best to write to the
registry or to a custom file (filename.ini) ?  I can use Open and Write, but
I prefer to not create any extra files if possible.  Does anyone have any
URLs or examples of writing to the registry?

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:38:21 GMT
 Read = Write Settings to Registry or Custom File?
VB has two functions that allow you to read and write to
the registry.  There are

GetSetting(appname, section, key[, default])
and
SaveSetting appname, section, key, setting

the settings with the saved with the

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program
Setting\appname section of the users machine.

Quote:

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:28:09 GMT

1. Writing a VBS file which reads and writes to the registry

2. Help with Read/Write Settings to Registry

3. Reading & Writing Registry Settings

4. Reading/Writing toolbar settings to the registry

5. Safest way to write dates to registry, text files, in lieu of regional settings

6. Reading/Writing to the Registry and .INI file???

7. Reading/Writing to Registry and .INI file ????

8. Help with a VBS file to read/write to the Registry

9. Registry settings for custom application

10. Write Settings into registry

11. reading and writing to the registry

12. Reading Registry settings