Listview : how to Select the Entire Row ??
Author Message
 Listview : how to Select the Entire Row ??

Quote:

>Hi, I think I really get the trouble in Listview.
>Cause I would like to  see the listview show as Entire Row been Selected while mouse click on the
>any row.... (it will Look more better then...)

>thanks...

>cts

    Implement the following code in the 'Load' procedure of the form containing the listview and
    this should give you full row select in report view:-

    Declare Function SendMessage Lib "user32" Alias "SendMessageA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal wMsg As Long, _
    ByVal wParam As Long, ByVal lParam As Any)    As Long

    Public Const LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT = &H20

    Dim lTemp as long

    lTemp = SendMessage(hWnd, LVM_GETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE, 0, 0&)
    lTemp = lTemp Or LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT
    lTemp = SendMessage(hWnd, LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE, 0, lTemp)

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Listview : how to Select the Entire Row ??
Hi, I think I really get the trouble in Listview.
Cause I would like to  see the listview show as Entire Row been Selected while mouse click on the
any row.... (it will Look more better then...)

thanks...

cts

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Listview : how to Select the Entire Row ??

Quote:
>Hi, I think I really get the trouble in Listview.
>Cause I would like to  see the listview show as Entire Row been Selected

while mouse click on the

Quote:
>any row....

This is possible in VB5 with an API call, and as a normal property if you
use the new listview in VB6.

Details of the API method are at http://www.mvps.org/vbnet

Bertie

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Listview : how to Select the Entire Row ??
thanks...
I have find the answer form the website which u advice... ^_^

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/comctl/lvfullrowselect.htm

I would like to share the answer and the website to any VB developer in the world...

tw cts

Quote:

>>Hi, I think I really get the trouble in Listview.
>>Cause I would like to  see the listview show as Entire Row been Selected
>while mouse click on the
>>any row....

>This is possible in VB5 with an API call, and as a normal property if you
>use the new listview in VB6.

>Details of the API method are at http://www.mvps.org/vbnet

>Bertie

Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Listview : how to Select the Entire Row ??
I have tried this property in VB 6.0, and it doesn't seem to work,
when I click on a row. it highlights the whole row, and then a second
later,
Only the first column is highlighted.

Larry

Quote:

> >Hi, I think I really get the trouble in Listview.
> >Cause I would like to  see the listview show as Entire Row been Selected
> while mouse click on the
> >any row....

> This is possible in VB5 with an API call, and as a normal property if you
> use the new listview in VB6.

> Details of the API method are at http://www.mvps.org/vbnet

> Bertie

Thu, 22 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Listview : how to Select the Entire Row ??
I have tested the API calls listed on the vbnet site and they do work
in VB6. The behaviour you describe is strange. Sound like something
else going on. Hard to believe the row un-highlights itself on its
own.

John Lee

Quote:
>I have tried this property in VB 6.0, and it doesn't seem to work,
>when I click on a row. it highlights the whole row, and then a second
>later,
>Only the first column is highlighted.

>Larry

>> >Hi, I think I really get the trouble in Listview.
>> >Cause I would like to  see the listview show as Entire Row been Selected
>> while mouse click on the
>> >any row....

>> This is possible in VB5 with an API call, and as a normal property if you
>> use the new listview in VB6.

>> Details of the API method are at http://www.mvps.org/vbnet

>> Bertie

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to select entire row in ListView ?

2. Select entire row in ListView

3. How to select entire row in Listview

4. How to select entire row in ListView ? - FullRowSelect

5. How to select entire row in ListView ?

6. Selecting entire row in Listview?

7. Listview - Selecting an entire row?

8. How to select entire row in listview control (VB5)

9. Listview: Selecting entire row

10. How to select the entire row in a listview using VB6- mscomctl32.ocx

11. Select an entire row in the ListView-control

12. ListView - Hilight/Select entire Row???