Get the SERIAL NR of a user's HARDDISK
Author Message
 Get the SERIAL NR of a user's HARDDISK

Hi,

I'm a VB6 user and I want to get the SERIAL NR of a user's HARDDISK in a
string, to make a registration code for my program.

Can somebody help me to program this?

thanks :-))

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 04:25:14 GMT
 Get the SERIAL NR of a user's HARDDISK
have a look here...

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=OWk9VBgxBHA.2792%40tkmsftngp05&o...

D.

| Hi,
|
| I'm a VB6 user and I want to get the SERIAL NR of a user's HARDDISK in a
| string, to make a registration code for my program.
|
| Can somebody help me to program this?
|
| thanks :-))

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 04:49:34 GMT
 Get the SERIAL NR of a user's HARDDISK
You have an easy way to do this by SysInfo activex control of Microsoft.
Once you drop it to your form you can derive the serial number of any hard
disk by using its SerialNumber property.

Moshe.
Erez Business Softwares Ltd.
Controls Web Page: http://www.erezsoft.co.il/erez_printpreview.shtml

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm a VB6 user and I want to get the SERIAL NR of a user's HARDDISK in a
> string, to make a registration code for my program.

> Can somebody help me to program this?

> thanks :-))

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 05:58:34 GMT
 Get the SERIAL NR of a user's HARDDISK
You can download the Microsoft Windows Instrumentation SDK (free but huge).
This gives you all sorts system information including disk serial numbers.
Bear in mind the serial number you get this way (or using the SysInfo)
control changes if the user re-formats their hard disk.

Microsoft must use some other technique for their own security, because
their registration codes (eg for Office 2000) are machine-specific and don't
change after a full re-format.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm a VB6 user and I want to get the SERIAL NR of a user's HARDDISK in a
> string, to make a registration code for my program.

> Can somebody help me to program this?

> thanks :-))

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 07:55:03 GMT

1. To get the Serial Nr of a user's harddisk

2. Get the SERIAL NR of a user's HARDDISK

3. Getting harddisk serial number in VB.NET

4. Getting a harddisk serial number

5. Checking the Volume serial nr

6. Get harddisk physical serial number

7. harddisk serial number grabber problem??

8. Harddisk serial # info in VB4 16Bit

9. How Can I get the serial no my Harddisk with Vb

10. How do I get HardDisk′s serial number ?

11. Harddisk serial/ID no.

12. getting nr of fields in recordset