Printing the Print Time Using Crystal Reports 4.5
Author Message
 Printing the Print Time Using Crystal Reports 4.5

I'm trying to get Crystal Reports version 4.5 (actually 4.6) that is packaged
with VB 5.0 Professional to include a field to print the time of the printing.
I've written a application for a user who changes the database often and needs
to know when the report was printed in order to ensure he's looking at the most
curent data.  I've tried creating an Access database table that uses the Now()
or Time$ function as the default value in its fields and placing the field in
the report but the field appears blank at print time.  I've also tried
specifying that the report not convert date-times to date.  I understand that
Crystal Reports 5.0 and above have time functions.  Anyone found a work-around
for version 4.5?
Regards,
Joe Nizolak

"The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight
its enemies is lunch."  -- Michael Friedman

Wed, 30 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing the Print Time Using Crystal Reports 4.5

Use the CRW function now() in a function field. I create a function
called nowTime that just returns now() and drop it on the page header.

Quote:
>I'm trying to get Crystal Reports version 4.5 (actually 4.6) that is packaged
>with VB 5.0 Professional to include a field to print the time of the printing.
>I've written a application for a user who changes the database often and needs
>to know when the report was printed in order to ensure he's looking at the most
>curent data.  I've tried creating an Access database table that uses the Now()
>or Time$ function as the default value in its fields and placing the field in
>the report but the field appears blank at print time.  I've also tried
>specifying that the report not convert date-times to date.  I understand that
>Crystal Reports 5.0 and above have time functions.  Anyone found a work-around
>for version 4.5?
>Regards,
>Joe Nizolak

>"The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight
>its enemies is lunch."  -- Michael Friedman

Wed, 30 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help printing LARGE reports with VB3.0 and Crystal Reports 4.5

2. Crystal Reports 4.5 printing prob.

3. disable print to file in print preview using Crystal Reports 4.6

4. Print a report via crystal reports without print dialogue displaying

5. Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call

6. FS: Crystal Reports Pro 4.5, Standard 4.5

7. Printing Access reports or using Access to print/preview reports

8. Crystal Reports ANd VB 6.0 Printing reports using CRPEAUTO Object, specifying paper orientation problem

9. Printing report from Dynaset using Crystal Report and VB

10. Landscape report views but prints in portrait (using crystal report)

11. How to print time in Crystal Report? Help

12. Print a Time-data-type in crystal report