Can Mscomm send Binary file?
Author Message
 Can Mscomm send Binary file?

Does Anyone Know how to send a Binary file using Mscomm control?When I send
with a 8-bits data ,It does't work.
Thanks in Advance.

Thu, 11 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can Mscomm send Binary file?
I don't know the answer to your question, but this might help you
depending on the scope of your application.  Can you possibly
encode your binary data in some ascii format like UUEncode or
something and send it across your serial link and decode it on
the other side???
Quote:

> Does Anyone Know how to send a Binary file using Mscomm control?When I send
> with a 8-bits data ,It does't work.
> Thanks in Advance.

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can Mscomm send Binary file?
Hi,

Yes, MSComm can send binary data.  If you are using it under a DBCS enabled
version of Windows (such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.), then you have
to set the InputMode property to comInputModeBinary, and use arrays of type
Byte (not Strings) to buffer transmit and receive data.

I have examples and much more detailed information on this in my book.  See
below for information.

--
Richard Grier
Hard & Software

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sending binary data with MSComm control!

2. MSCOMM - send binary data

3. MSComm Control and sending binary data

4. Sending binary data via MSCOMM

5. MSComm Controls to send Binary Data

6. Sending binary data with MSCOMM....

7. Beginner: Binary Data from MSComm to File?

8. Transmitting a binary file with mscomm

9. MsComm Help with Binary file please.

10. vb5 mscomm, transmit binary file

12. MSCOMM control - How do I send a text file attachement to another machine