MSWinsock Control Data Loss with no error reported (0/1)
Author Message
 MSWinsock Control Data Loss with no error reported (0/1)

I am using the Winsock control provided in MS Visual Basic 5.0 (SP3)
to communicate between two processes on the same machine.  I am
finding at high transfer rates, even with DoEvents inserted in the
sender, that I am loosing data.  The data loss seems to be at the
character level.  That is, I don't normally lose a whole message but
just part of the data stream. However, this data loss is happening
without getting an error message either on the sender or the receiver.
Is this to be expected?

I have included, as a series of attachments, sample code that I
believe exhibits this problem.  If you wish to run this note that 1)
the receiver needs to be started first and 2) you need to change the
RemoteHost setting of the sender to match your machine before building
the sender.

Tue, 27 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. sending binary data with the msWinsock control

2. loss of spaces in posted data using internet transfer control

3. memory loss ADO data control

4. Inet control report no error even when data is lost

5. printing without crystal report or data report for non data base reports

6. Data Report Error, report to wide for paper

7. Data Report Error, Report to wide for paper

8. report of profit and loss account - acc2000/win98

9. FIX: Data Loss When You Switch View in WebForm Designer

10. Data loss in Database

11. Access 2.0 Corruption and Data Loss

12. Access 2.0 Corruption and Data Loss