Global Majic's Strip-Chart Control....HELP!!!
Author Message
 Global Majic's Strip-Chart Control....HELP!!!

I've been trying to make the demo version of GMS's strip.ocx control
work.  The problem is that while I can display it and control ALL of
its properties, I cannot seem to get it to display my data-points.

I've discussed this with GMS, but their suggestions STILL do not work
and I'm starting to wonder if I'm forgetting something.

Below is a sample of the code:

Private Sub Strip_Plot
        Dim VariableID As Integer
        Dim X As Double
        Dim Y As Double
        VariableID = 0
        X = 10
        Y = 10
        Strip.AddXY(VariableID,X,Y)
End Sub

When I attempt to compile this, VB5 gives me an error message that
it "expects an '='".

The above code was suggested by GMS.

The last line "Strip.AddXY(VariableID,X,Y) is highlighted, and I'm returned
to the development environment.  So I figure "ok, I'll make it an equation
rather than an expression" like so:

ltemp = Strip.AddXY(VariableID,X,Y)

So far, so good.  At compile time, I get a DIFFERENT error:
"Type Mismatch" and the first line of the sub ("Private Sub Strip_Plot()")
is highlighted as well as the "AddXY" portion of
"Strip.AddXY(VariableID,X,Y)".

I'm stumped.  I've tried a number of different things, all to no avail.  I'm
beginning to think that I'm supposed to DECLARE something in the Declarations
portion of the program, but I don't know what that would be.  The strip.ocx
is properly registered because I CAN control all other properties for it.

Does anyone have experience with this control (strip.ocx by GlobalMajic)?
GMS has been very responsive to my questions, but I feel a bit intrusive
since I'm only trying to evaluate the DEMO version.  If I can make it work
I'd actually pay money because it's a fantastic control for my particular
app.

Given the following scenario, how would I plot a single data-point on
the strip control?

Strip.VariableID=0
X=10
Y=10
Strip.LastX=0

What would the line to plot the single point (10,10) on Variable 0 look like?

Thanks,
Jim

--
Jim Graham
Founder - Society of Asymmetrical Engineers

--
"...with all these blessings, what more is necessary to make us a happy
and a prosperous people?  Still one thing more, fellow-citizens--a wise
Address, March 4, 1801

Sat, 22 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need Chart controls with cool Drag'n'Drop

2. Need Chart control with cool Drag'n'Drop

3. Looking for Strip Chart Recorder "ocx"

4. vertical strip chart screen display

5. XY Graph or strip chart needed for VB 1.0

6. Strip Charting VBX/OCX Needed

7. GMS Strip chart

8. "Real" time/strip chart graphics

9. MS Chart v's Chart

10. Help: using Tap Strip active X control in VB6

11. Help with Tab strip control please

12. ANN: Presentation: Using Microsoft's ActiveX Chart Control