establishing dial-up connection - how to?
Author Message
 establishing dial-up connection - how to?

Does anybody have any experience with VB 6.0 and making dialing out to the
Internet (especially without having to create PhoneBook entries) ?
Are there any controls available?
I know about vb32ras but it conflicts with ADO and generally is far from
perfect.

I will appreciate any pointers.

--
Tom Jastrzebski

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 establishing dial-up connection - how to?
There is a free set of tools at Catalyst called SocketWrench.  It's been
very reliable in the apps I written.  You can generally dial a phonebook
entry programmatically so I'm not going to swear it can be used without any
phonebook entries but I haven't needed the tools for anything that was
beyond "sample" difficulty.

http://www.catalyst.com/download/index.html

HTH
--
Earl Damron, MCSD, MVP

Common Controls Replacement Project Member
www.mvps.org/ccrp

Quote:

>Does anybody have any experience with VB 6.0 and making dialing out to the
>Internet (especially without having to create PhoneBook entries) ?
>Are there any controls available?
>I know about vb32ras but it conflicts with ADO and generally is far from
>perfect.

>I will appreciate any pointers.

>--
>Tom Jastrzebski

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. RDO : connection lost when establishing dialup

2. How can I establish a dial-up networking connection thru code

3. How can I establish a dial-up networking connection thru code

4. Q: How to detect that Connection has established through Dial Up Networking

5. Establish Dial-up connection ???

6. How can I establish a dial-up networking connection thru code

7. Dial Ups

8. Dial Ups

9. Default Dial Ups

10. Dial Ups