Active X Component, Data Report Object and ASP
Author Message
 Active X Component, Data Report Object and ASP

This is a dupe of a post in vb.6.webdevelopment.  My goal is to build a
webpage that can print a barcode on a label printer.

To that end my plan has been to include an activeX component in the html
to the client.  A javascript onclick will trigger the component and pass
some values to it.  It will then print the label.

First, does this make sense?  Anyone have a better idea?

Second,  (I'm new to VB so forgive my ignorance here.) I've created a
project as an activex dll, and added a method the the class.  I've also
created a data report object I thought I'd use to build the report.  Now
I need to instantiate it and set the values for it.  It will  not have a
real data source (what in Powerbuilder we'd call an external data
source).  Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

I thought I'd set the captions on some report labels, but I cannot
figure out how do it.

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Returning an object with sub objects from vb component (COM) to ASP

2. How to display the Crystal Reports Report Design Component (RDC) in an ASP application

3. ASP components from Professional Active Server Pages

4. Debugging an Active-X component that is instantiated by ASP

5. I need help writing Active Server Components for ASP's

6. HELP: Printing with Crystal Data Object/Active Data

7. Active-X component cannot create the object

8. Active X component can't create object

9. How do I solve Active X component can't create object error

10. Run Time Error 429: Active-X component can't create object

11. Active X Component can't create Object

12. Active X component can't create object.