Printer CommonDialog Control
Author Message
 Printer CommonDialog Control

The Printer CommonDialog is NOT showing the Collate option even  when
the flag of cdlPDCollage is set under the flags.  I hard coded the flags
settings fo the control.  (EX>  Item Or Item Or cdlPDCollate)

Also, the Printer dialog is NOT remembering the selected printer from
the dialog menu and thus ONLY prints to the default printer.  I coul use
the PrinterDefault options, but then the program would change the System
Default printer each and every time it is used to print, which would
cause confusion or annoy the users of the program.

Thank you!

Scott

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 03:58:33 GMT
 Printer CommonDialog Control

Quote:
> The Printer CommonDialog is NOT showing the Collate option even  when
> the flag of cdlPDCollage is set under the flags.  I hard coded the flags
> settings fo the control.  (EX>  Item Or Item Or cdlPDCollate)

The printer driver itself has to support this.  If it doesn't, the flag
setting is ignored.

Quote:

> Also, the Printer dialog is NOT remembering the selected printer from
> the dialog menu and thus ONLY prints to the default printer.  I coul use
> the PrinterDefault options, but then the program would change the System
> Default printer each and every time it is used to print, which would
> cause confusion or annoy the users of the program.

The Printer common dialog doesn't automatically cause printing to be
directed to the selected printer.  You need to write code to get the printer
the user selected and then change the Printer object to that printer.

Mike

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 04:33:11 GMT
 Printer CommonDialog Control
I'm trying to figure out exactly how to do exactly this.
I've searched the MSDN site but to no avail.  Does anyone
have a code snippet that shows how to get the selected
printer from the Common Dialog and set the printer object
to it without using PrinterDefault?!?!?

Quote:

message

>The Printer common dialog doesn't automatically cause
printing to be
>directed to the selected printer.  You need to write code
to get the printer
>the user selected and then change the Printer object to

that printer.

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 01:58:57 GMT
 Printer CommonDialog Control

Quote:

>>The Printer CommonDialog is NOT showing the Collate option even  when
>>the flag of cdlPDCollage is set under the flags.  I hard coded the flags
>>settings fo the control.  (EX>  Item Or Item Or cdlPDCollate)

> The printer driver itself has to support this.  If it doesn't, the flag
> setting is ignored.

The printer in question DOES support Collate.  I have this option on my
web browser when printing and the documents are always organized by
pages; 1..2..3..,etc and then 1..2..3..,etc.

Quote:
>>Also, the Printer dialog is NOT remembering the selected printer from
>>the dialog menu and thus ONLY prints to the default printer.  I coul use
>>the PrinterDefault options, but then the program would change the System
>>Default printer each and every time it is used to print, which would
>>cause confusion or annoy the users of the program.

> The Printer common dialog doesn't automatically cause printing to be
> directed to the selected printer.  You need to write code to get the printer
> the user selected and then change the Printer object to that printer.

> Mike

What exactly does the CommonDialog set when a printer is selected from
it's list?  I am unable to set the printer object to the selection since
I don't know what to reference.

Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:28:42 GMT
 Printer CommonDialog Control
The Commondialog has properties....  check them after the call to
showPrinter...

Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:23:49 GMT

1. How I can select a printer like defauld printer without using CommonDialog Control

2. CommonDialog Control - ShowPrinter - Printer Device Context Questions

3. HowTo: get printer status from commonDialog control

4. CommonDialog Control for Printer

5. Setting printer Settings through the CommonDialog control

6. CommonDialog Printer settings

7. Setting the printer in the CommonDialog

8. Printer page settings in NT4 - Commondialog

9. CommonDialog.ShowPrinter changes default printer

10. CommonDialog Printing and Printer object and hDC NEED HELP

11. Commondialog printer problem

12. CommonDialog Printer Problem