which event comes first ?
Author Message
 which event comes first ?

I have a winsock control and timer control in the same form. What if the
connect event and timer event raise at the same time? Will any one of them
have no chance to execute?
What if the timer event raise while the connect event is executing?

thank you.

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 which event comes first ?
Well there is no way for two events to arsise at the same time, one will get
the CPUs attention first and go on the OS event stack, the second might get
processed quicker (say the timer) and could due to priorities be presented
first to an app, but the OS is serializing them. In a single threaded model
only one can be active, in a multi-threaded boith could be active.

Quote:
>I have a winsock control and timer control in the same form. What if the
>connect event and timer event raise at the same time? Will any one of them
>have no chance to execute?
>What if the timer event raise while the connect event is executing?

>thank you.

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Which comes first...Compact or Repair

2. Context Menus coming up first with Popup Menus

3. Data control connected to a text file, first line comes up as fieldnames

4. Problem handling events coming from ActiveX EXE

5. First Click In UserControl DataGrid Does Not Fire An Event

6. Which is the first event if you click on an item in a ListView

7. Command Button not getting Click Event on First press

8. Lost_focus event After/First CommandButton Click

9. Lost_focus event After/First CommandButton Click

10. Lost_focus event After/First CommandButton Click

11. DataRepeater first record click event. Pls Help :-)

12. click event not firing if lost_focus is firing first