How to download files from the WWW using VB6
Author Message
 How to download files from the WWW using VB6

Do anyone know how to copy files directly from the WWW into a specified
directory in your hardisk using VB6? Any help or coding is appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 06 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to download files from the WWW using VB6
Private Declare Function URLDownloadToFile Lib "urlmon" Alias _
"URLDownloadToFileA" (ByVal pCaller As Long, ByVal cURL As String, ByVal _
cFilename As String, ByVal dwReserved As Long, ByVal lpfnCB As Long) As Long

Public Function Download(URL As String, File As String) As Long
    URLDownload = URLDownloadToFile(ByVal 0, URL, File, 0, ByVal 0)
End Function

--
Greg Siemon

Quote:

> Do anyone know how to copy files directly from the WWW into a specified
> directory in your hardisk using VB6? Any help or coding is appreciated.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Tue, 06 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to download files from the WWW using VB6

Quote:

>Do anyone know how to copy files directly from the WWW into a specified
>directory in your hardisk using VB6? Any help or coding is appreciated.

We have two different packages that can allow you do this in a few
ways. One is our free SocketWrench package, which you can use to
query the HTTP server (it includes a sample that demonstrates how to
pull down the HTML document to your local machine). If you don't want
to do any 'heavy lifting', then we also have a commericial product
called SocketTools, which includes components for accessing an HTTP
server, sending (and receiving) email, as well as many other things
(file transfer, Telnet, and so on).

You can download either package from our website at
http://www.catalyst.com.

David

Tue, 06 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. copy files from the WWW using VB6

2. Removing WWW Server HEADERS from download GIF file

3. http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu

4. SCRIPT using ADO file download empty file

5. Saving a www file on a remote server locally on my PC using VB

6. Automating IE, and downloading a www gif.

7. Downloading from WWW

8. actual file download in vb6

9. How to deal with file download with VB6

10. Download File in VB6 app with API