AVIs in resource file
Author Message
 AVIs in resource file

I have a VB6 application that displays a specific AVI file.  The only way I've seen to do this is to use the animation control with code to play the file.  Is there a way to save the AVI file as a custom resource and use it from the .res file instead of having the .avi file sitting in the end user's program directory.  The latter just doesn't look all that professional, in my opinion.

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 AVIs in resource file

Quote:
>I have a VB6 application that displays a specific AVI file.  The only =
>way I've seen to do this is to use the animation control with code to =
>play the file.  Is there a way to save the AVI file as a custom resource =
>and use it from the .res file instead of having the .avi file sitting in =
>the end user's program directory.  The latter just doesn't look all that =
>professional, in my opinion.

Todd,

Yes, you can put your AVI file in a resource file, and then either
include it in your EXE or in a resource DLL. I don't think the
Animation control that comes with VB can load aa animation resource,
but the CCRP Animation control can.

http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

Mattias

Mattias "BeeZo" Sj?gren

http://home1.2.sbbs.se/mattias.sjogren/sw/

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 AVIs in resource file
OpenStandardAVIResource is my new best friend.  Thanks!

Quote:

> >I have a VB6 application that displays a specific AVI file.  The only =
> >way I've seen to do this is to use the animation control with code to =
> >play the file.  Is there a way to save the AVI file as a custom resource
=
> >and use it from the .res file instead of having the .avi file sitting in
=
> >the end user's program directory.  The latter just doesn't look all that
=
> >professional, in my opinion.

> Todd,

> Yes, you can put your AVI file in a resource file, and then either
> include it in your EXE or in a resource DLL. I don't think the
> Animation control that comes with VB can load aa animation resource,
> but the CCRP Animation control can.

> http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

> Mattias

> Mattias "BeeZo" Sj?gren

> http://home1.2.sbbs.se/mattias.sjogren/sw/

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. AVIs in resource file

2. How to play AVIs stored in Resource file with Animation control

3. Making a Resource file, or Data resource in a Module

4. Resource files and Custom resource

5. Resource Files and Resource Strings

6. Resource files containing WAV files

7. Use a Resource file or an INI file.

8. XML File vs Resource File

9. Adding an avi file to a resource file

10. Extracting files from a resource file at runtime

11. Accessing files from Resource file?

12. Adding BMP file to Resource file with bad results