passing parameters to ocx control
Author Message
 passing parameters to ocx control

Hi all
is it possible to pass a paramter to ocx control when it is get initialized.

i mean in
my form i have this piece of code which lodes the ocx control

Load ctrlFactDims(i + 1)

and in my ocx control i have

Private Sub UserControl_Initialize()

if myvarible_from_form then
 call translatedText
end if

end sub

i need to pass "myvarible_from_form"  to ocx from the form

if there are other way of doing this please help me

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:48:19 GMT
 passing parameters to ocx control
Nope... sorry. Not during init. Once the control is sited, you can pass
anything you want.

--
Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - Please keep it in the groups..
http://www.vbsight.com - http://www.vbsight.com/MultiColumn.htm

Quote:

> Hi all
> is it possible to pass a paramter to ocx control when it is get
> initialized.

> i mean in
> my form i have this piece of code which lodes the ocx control

> Load ctrlFactDims(i + 1)

> and in my ocx control i have

> Private Sub UserControl_Initialize()

> if myvarible_from_form then
>  call translatedText
> end if

> end sub

> i need to pass "myvarible_from_form"  to ocx from the form

> if there are other way of doing this please help me

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:46:02 GMT

1. Passing Parameters to stored parameter queries using VB 5's Data Controls

2. passing parameters from html to ocx

3. Passing Byref parameter to an ocx method

4. passing parameters to OCX

5. Passing a parameter value using OCX

6. Passing Parameters to Crystal OCX

7. Passing parameter from Crystal OCX to a report that uses a stored procedure

8. Passing parameters via CR6 ocx -- kill prompt

9. Can not pass parameters to crystal32.ocx

10. Pass an Object (a Form) as a parameter to an OCX: possible

11. passing data controls and control arrays as parameters

12. How to pass a VB intrinsic Control as parameter to an ActiveX control (UserControl)