Load form at Run time
Author Message
 Load form at Run time

Hi Folks,
We have developed Vb Application which has nearly 40 interfaces in
English.We have situation that the interface's control caption(text) ,msgbox
Information needs to be changed in diffrent language(like Japanese,Spanish
etc) at run time.Any one has any idea is there any way.If so could you send
the ways and means.

I would greatly appreciate the reposonse

With Regards

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Load form at Run time

released on Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:21:56 -0400 bearing the
following fruit:

Quote:

>Hi Folks,
>We have developed Vb Application which has nearly 40 interfaces in
>English.We have situation that the interface's control caption(text) ,msgbox
>Information needs to be changed in diffrent language(like Japanese,Spanish
>etc) at run time.Any one has any idea is there any way.If so could you send
>the ways and means.

>I would greatly appreciate the reposonse

>With Regards

Look res files.

Tue, 04 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Load form at Run time

The VB documentation has a pretty good section on localization.  You should
review this first.  You can plan for localization (with just a few locals)
is to put all strings in a resource file (which can have at least 65536
entries) and offset each localization by a constant amount (say 1000)

Then for example,
English strings are 1000-1999,
Spanish 2000-2999,
French strings 3000-3999, etc.

Then you can get the string for each localization by using something like

Form.Caption = GetResString((iLanID*1000)+3)

if the third entry in each localization was the string you wanted for the
form caption.  If you need more language IDs then you can put the constants
in a DLL and rethink the code.

Peter

Tue, 04 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: Loading forms at run-time.

2. Changing Form's BorderStyle property at run time but before form is loaded

3. Run-Time form loading - form name retrieved from database

6. Run-time error '31037': Error load form file

7. Define the form to load at run time...

8. Adding (loading) a Form at Run-Time ?

10. Seting App path to the ADOCD control before at run-time form load

11. Deciding which form to load at run-time