Extracting printer name from common printer dialogue control
Author Message
 Extracting printer name from common printer dialogue control

I've checked out all of the VB5 documentation on the common printer
dialogue control and been able to see how to obtain information on page
numbers, number of copies etc but I could not find out how to actually
obtain the name of the printer so I can print to the printer selected.
This printing is done through the Crystal API.

Help appreciated

Christopher Goddard

Sun, 30 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Extracting printer name from common printer dialogue control

Quote:

> I've checked out all of the VB5 documentation on the common printer
> dialogue control and been able to see how to obtain information on page
> numbers, number of copies etc but I could not find out how to actually
> obtain the name of the printer so I can print to the printer selected.
> This printing is done through the Crystal API.

> Help appreciated

> Christopher Goddard

You can use the API call GetPrivateProfileString() to get the name of
the printer.  See Appleman's Win32 API reference for examples.

Andy C.

Thu, 10 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Extracting printer name from common printer dialogue control

I find it easier to use the printers collection and setup my own dialogue.

for a list box list1

dim pr as printer
for each pr in printers
    list1.additem pr.devicename
next

When selected by the user you can then go back through the printers
collection to determine drivers etc that you will need to pass back to
Crystal Reports.

Quote:

>> I've checked out all of the VB5 documentation on the common printer
>> dialogue control and been able to see how to obtain information on page
>> numbers, number of copies etc but I could not find out how to actually
>> obtain the name of the printer so I can print to the printer selected.
>> This printing is done through the Crystal API.

>> Help appreciated

>> Christopher Goddard

>You can use the API call GetPrivateProfileString() to get the name of
>the printer.  See Appleman's Win32 API reference for examples.

>Andy C.

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Extracting printer name from common printer dialogue control

2. Get Printer Name from Printer Common Dialog Control

3. Setting printer options with common dialogue control

4. Setting default Printer orientation when using Common Dialogue

5. Printer.Print and Common Dialogue

6. Setting default Printer orientation when using Common Dialogue

7. Setting default Printer orientation when using Common Dialogue

8. Getting printer name from Common dialog control

9. Changing Printer names (displayed names in printer folder)

10. Extracting Printer Names

11. not able to get printer from Common Printer Dialog

12. Using Printer common dialog changes default printer