VB4 uninstalled: controls gone.
Author Message
 VB4 uninstalled: controls gone.

When installing VB5, I left VB4 installed to have the possibility to
fall back to it, in case I had some problems with VB5.

After porting all my projects to VB5 and seeing that they worked fine
there, I decided to de-install VB4 to free up disk space.

Result: VB5 wouldn't load any project anymore, because most of the
controls they were using had disappeared.
Reinstalling VB5 helped solve this: the controls are back now, and I
can use most of them.

However, for some controls (MSGRID a.o.), when I try to open the forms
in design mode I get errors like:

        Line 53: Cannot load control Grid1; license not found.

This happens only in design mode: I can compile the project perfectly
as it is, and I can use the control in the compiled program.
I just can't open the affected forms in design mode.

Any solution known, apart from re-installing VB4?

Sat, 22 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. access 95 v7 not running after vb5 installed, vb4 uninstalled

2. Need help with Data control going VB5 from VB4

3. ICP going going gone

4. uninstalled dll crap...

5. Browsing uninstalled fonts with a fontbrowser?

6. VB5 with uninstalled VB40, WTF?

7. A Question About UNinstalled Fonts

8. Going from VB4 to VB6 without VB5?

9. Going online with vb4