App.path is 8.3 or long?
Author Message
 App.path is 8.3 or long?

Hi,

have anyone experinced this:
when using shell in VB, the pathname argument has to be 8.3 format BUT
app.path is long format.

In fact, I have several machines and several project where all kind of
behavior have been experinced (app.path in 8.3, shell crashing with long
pathname, etc..).

I think there is a place, either machine or project dependent, where
this can be configured but where?

Thanks.

Vince.

Sun, 09 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 App.path is 8.3 or long?
Hi,

have anyone experinced this:
when using shell in VB, the pathname argument has to be 8.3 format BUT
app.path is long format.

In fact, I have several machines and several project where all kind of
behavior have been experinced (app.path in 8.3, shell crashing with long
pathname, etc..).

I think there is a place, either machine or project dependent, where
this can be configured but where?

Thanks.

Vince.

Sun, 09 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 App.path is 8.3 or long?
I have seen this error before... but I was able to fix it by putting a
double quote (") around the path name.  That seemed to take care of it.

Hope this helps

Nick August

Quote:
> Hi,

> have anyone experinced this:
> when using shell in VB, the pathname argument has to be 8.3 format BUT
> app.path is long format.

> In fact, I have several machines and several project where all kind of
> behavior have been experinced (app.path in 8.3, shell crashing with long
> pathname, etc..).

> I think there is a place, either machine or project dependent, where
> this can be configured but where?

> Thanks.

> Vince.

Sun, 09 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. App.path is 8.3 or long?

2. Help: App.Path returns 8.3 path in VB4/Win95

3. Getting DOS 8.3 path from Windows long file name

4. 8.3 file name to Long file name

5. HELP, I need to convert VB5 long filename back to DOS 8.3 format

6. VB Opening Long Name Project with 8.3

7. Convert Long Filenames to old 8.3 format

8. Convert long filenames to 8.3 format

9. API-Call to convert long filename to 8.3???

10. VB5 keeps changing long project name to 8.3

11. vb4: getting 8.3 filename from long file name

12. Convert Long File Name to 8.3 Notation