CommonDialog.ShowOpen VB4>>>Extracting Files Names under Multiselect
Author Message
 CommonDialog.ShowOpen VB4>>>Extracting Files Names under Multiselect

Can anyone give me a clue on how to extract the file names selected in
a File Open CommonDialog set for multiselect.

If you select one file FileName returns the name of the file no
problem.  If you you select more than one, even though the string in
FileName is shown to be, for example, 252 chars long, when you try to
write the string to a text field, nothing appears. It's invisible.

I understand that the file name fields are NULL delimited.

But how do you see the string???  How can I parse it if I can't
examine it???

thanks for any help

T Berna

Wed, 23 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CommonDialog.ShowOpen VB4>>>Extracting Files Names under Multiselect

Quote:

>Can anyone give me a clue on how to extract the file names selected in
>a File Open CommonDialog set for multiselect.

>If you select one file FileName returns the name of the file no
>problem.  If you you select more than one, even though the string in
>FileName is shown to be, for example, 252 chars long, when you try to
>write the string to a text field, nothing appears. It's invisible.

>I understand that the file name fields are NULL delimited.

>But how do you see the string???  How can I parse it if I can't
>examine it???

>thanks for any help

>T Berna

Please Don't Respond.  I Figured it out about 10 mins after posting
this.

T Berna

Thu, 24 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. using The Shell Command >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2. <<<<<<<<ComboBox>>>>>>>>>>>>

3. >>>>>>While Not rst.EOF

4. PSUDOCODE HELP >>>>>>>>>>>

5. >>>> HELP WITH RUNTIME FILES

6. >>>>> Serial Communications

7. VB5 >>>>> Academic Version

8. <<<<HELP- OLE container Control>>>>>>>>>

9. !!! URGENT HELP REQUIRED !!!>>>>>>>>

10. >>= bitwise operations >>

11. Please Help --------->>>>AppLink Problem

12. VB3 ->->->->VBDOS??