ComCtl32.ocx (ComCtl32.dep)
Author Message
 ComCtl32.ocx (ComCtl32.dep)

Hi

I got a question to the setup of the ComCtl32.ocx. I've got a German client
installation.
On this client, the component ComCtl32.ocx is installed and ComCtl32.dep. In
this DEP-file, there exists a reference to the CmCtlDE.dll for German. But
this DLL is not installed. When do I need this DLL? What is in this DLL?
Other OCX-components like Tabctl32.ocx, ComDlg32.ocx, ... use also a special
DLL.
The language version of the ComCtl32.ocx is English. If I want to German
one, do I need the ComCtl32.ocx and the CmCtlDE.dll in German. If so, why is
the CmCtlDE.dll not integrated in ComCtl32.ocx.

Can anybody explain me this? Thanks!!!

I've heard, that you can get some trouble, if a DEP-file is not installed.
Can somebody explain me that?

Thanks for your support
Oli

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ComCtl32.ocx (ComCtl32.dep)
From what Microsoft answered to me when I asked a similar question, ocx do have
default language (english) and are able to get internationale language support
(dll with extension DE or FR or..) but is not required. You may use the ocx with
its default (issue is that some messages will be in english!!)

Vince.

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ComCtl32.ocx (ComCtl32.dep)
From what Microsoft answered to me when I asked a similar question, ocx do have
default language (english) and are able to get internationale language support
(dll with extension DE or FR or..) but is not required. You may use the ocx with
its default (issue is that some messages will be in english!!)

Vince.

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ComCtl32.ocx (ComCtl32.dep)
From what Microsoft answered to me when I asked a similar question, ocx do have
default language (english) and are able to get internationale language support
(dll with extension DE or FR or..) but is not required. You may use the ocx with
its default (issue is that some messages will be in english!!)

Vince.

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Comctl32.ocx and Comctl32.dep

2. Need Comctl32.dep file for Comctl32.ocx version 5.01.4319

3. comctl32.dep for comctl32.ocx v5.01.4319 ??

4. vb5 comctl32.dep for comctl32.ocx (version 5.00.3828)

5. Dependency Files for comctl32.ocx and comctl32.ocx

6. Need comdlg32.dep ver 6.00.8169 and comctl32.dep ver 6.00.8022

7. Comctl32 OCX and DEP file

8. Comctl32.ocx .DEP file

9. Need .DEP file for Comctl32.ocx 6.00.8022

10. VB6 / VB5 COMCTL32.DEP problem...

11. REQ: COMCTL32.DEP -- Please

12. comctl32.dep version 6.00.8006