Anyone know if there are Unicode compliant replacements for the standard VB controls
Author Message
 Anyone know if there are Unicode compliant replacements for the standard VB controls

Does anyone know if there are replacements for the standard VB controls that
will display characters correctly in a unicode environment.

Unless the system default local is set to a unicode language (like Russian)
then the standard VB controls will not display the characters correctly.

We develope applications where users need to be able to enter in Russian,
English, French or any number of languages in the database. But when we go
to display that data (or allow the user to modify that data) using the
standard VB controls any unicode characters come out as question marks (?).

Tue, 04 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone know if there are Unicode compliant replacements for the standard VB controls

Noel,

Try setting the Font.CharSet property to match the code page of the language
and the characters should display correctly.

George
GridLinx Software    Programming Tools for VB Programmers
http://www.gridlinx.com

Quote:
> Does anyone know if there are replacements for the standard VB controls
that
> will display characters correctly in a unicode environment.

> Unless the system default local is set to a unicode language (like
Russian)
> then the standard VB controls will not display the characters correctly.

> We develope applications where users need to be able to enter in Russian,
> English, French or any number of languages in the database. But when we go
> to display that data (or allow the user to modify that data) using the
> standard VB controls any unicode characters come out as question marks
(?).

Tue, 04 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone know if there are Unicode compliant replacements for the standard VB controls

Thanks George,

    We tried this before and it works for the textbox control but things
like the ListBox and
    TreeView controls won't display the correct unicode characters even if
the CharSet is
    set to the correct locale.

    Even with the textbox if you switch to Russian and type in some
characters and then switch back
    to English all the characters are redisplayed in the textbox in the new
locale which means that
    whatever characters were in Russian are translated into gibberish.

    Looks like unicode has a way to go yet before it is fully handled. Maybe
the next version of
    VB will be more compliant.

    Kind Regards
    Noel.

Quote:
> Noel,

> Try setting the Font.CharSet property to match the code page of the
language
> and the characters should display correctly.

> George
> GridLinx Software    Programming Tools for VB Programmers
> http://www.gridlinx.com

> > Does anyone know if there are replacements for the standard VB controls
> that
> > will display characters correctly in a unicode environment.

> > Unless the system default local is set to a unicode language (like
> Russian)
> > then the standard VB controls will not display the characters correctly.

> > We develope applications where users need to be able to enter in
Russian,
> > English, French or any number of languages in the database. But when we
go
> > to display that data (or allow the user to modify that data) using the
> > standard VB controls any unicode characters come out as question marks
> (?).

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Is MS Hierarchial Flexigrid Control available in VB 6.0, Unicode Compliant

2. My Disc 3 is cracked, anyone know what number to call to get a replacement

3. 10Tec iGrid - the best replacement for standard VB grids and a ListView

4. 10Tec iGrid - the best replacement for standard VB grids and a ListView

5. 10Tec iGrid - the best replacement for standard VB grids and a ListView

6. 10Tec iGrid - the best replacement for standard VB grids and a ListView

7. 10Tec iGrid - the best replacement for standard VB grids and a ListView

8. 10Tec iGrid - the best replacement for standard VB grids and a ListView

9. I am looking for DBLookupCombobox replacement

10. Replacement for standard scrollbar?

11. Anyone know how-to send encrypt/sign e-mail in VB

12. does anyone know how to translate this into VB.net from C#