Wanted: High performance 2D graphics control
Author Message
 Wanted: High performance 2D graphics control

I am currently looking for an graphics control that will allow me to draw
various shapes (lines, rectangles and irregular polygons) and be able to
scroll and zoom the image.  I need to be able to capture mouse clicks on the
shapes and dynamically change the fill colors.

I have been working with MetaDraw 2 and it does most of what I need and is
working for the moment but the scrolling is not smooth enough.  I really
need to have pixel perfect scrolling (and zooming if possible) where the
image slides rather than jumps during scrolling.  I have considered using
DirectDraw to write my own control but MS isn't providing VB support in
DirectX until Version 7 and I can't wait that long.  My boss could write it
in C++ but I don't think our client wants to pay for that.

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

Steve Hiner
Software Developer
Integrated Solutions, Inc.
developer AT isiaz DOT com

Tue, 24 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Wanted: High performance 2D graphics control
Take a look at LeadTools.

www.leadtools.com

AJS
[...]

Sat, 28 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Graphics GET/PUT with 2D arrays??

2. 2D Vector Graphics in VB-5: recommendations?

3. WANTED: Tilebased or 2d game engine

4. Announcement: ScriptV--a new language for 2D and 3D animations and graphics

5. 2D Sprite Artist Wanted For A Few Shareware-Freeware-Games

6. 2D vector graphics

7. Help Wanted VB4_32 Graphics Controls

8. Beginner - Help on 2D wanted

9. 2D DirectX graphics

10. High Performance VB

11. High-Performance ODBC Drivers For Oracle

12. High Performance VB