cannot see shortcut key in menu bar
Author Message
 cannot see shortcut key in menu bar

Hi

I have made a menu bar and the menu items contain shortcut or hotkeys (eg:
&File) which should produce an underscore under the F of File. But when the
program starts I cannot see the 'underscores' until I actually use one of
the (alt +F).

Is there a setting to make them viewable without having to physically use
them.

Thanx Ben

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 06:38:40 GMT
 cannot see shortcut key in menu bar
Are you running on a Win2K OS??

--
Veign
www.veign.com

Quote:
> Hi

> I have made a menu bar and the menu items contain shortcut or hotkeys (eg:
> &File) which should produce an underscore under the F of File. But when
the
> program starts I cannot see the 'underscores' until I actually use one of
> the (alt +F).

> Is there a setting to make them viewable without having to physically use
> them.

> Thanx Ben

Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:45:49 GMT
 cannot see shortcut key in menu bar
This is an Win2k display setting. If you right-click the desktop (opens the
Display applet), click on the 'Effects' tab, there's a checkbox that says
"Hide keyboard navigation indicators until I use the Alt key". Clear the
check in that box if you want them to show at all times.

--
Ken Halter - MS-MVP2-VB - Please keep it in the groups..
http://www.vbsight.com - http://www.vbsight.com/MultiColumn.htm

Quote:
> Hi

> I have made a menu bar and the menu items contain shortcut or hotkeys
> (eg: &File) which should produce an underscore under the F of File.
> But when the program starts I cannot see the 'underscores' until I
> actually use one of the (alt +F).

> Is there a setting to make them viewable without having to physically
> use them.

> Thanx Ben

Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:12:32 GMT
 cannot see shortcut key in menu bar
yes . why is that causing the problem??

Quote:
> Are you running on a Win2K OS??

> --
> Veign
> www.veign.com
> NEW ActiveX Control - Jeweled Style Buttons
> www.veign.com/download_activex.html#jwldbutn
> Code Samples & Sample Projects
> http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
> Submit Your Best Code (you keep the rights)
> http://www.veign.com/information/application/code_submit.html
> ---------

> > Hi

> > I have made a menu bar and the menu items contain shortcut or hotkeys
(eg:
> > &File) which should produce an underscore under the F of File. But when
> the
> > program starts I cannot see the 'underscores' until I actually use one
of
> > the (alt +F).

> > Is there a setting to make them viewable without having to physically
use
> > them.

> > Thanx Ben

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 00:07:27 GMT
 cannot see shortcut key in menu bar
Yes...Look at Ken Halter's response for how to fix

--
Veign
www.veign.com
NEW ActiveX Control - Jeweled Style Buttons
www.veign.com/download_activex.html#jwldbutn
Code Samples & Sample Projects
http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
Submit Your Best Code (you keep the rights)
http://www.veign.com/information/application/code_submit.html
---------

Quote:
> yes . why is that causing the problem??

> > Are you running on a Win2K OS??

> > --
> > Veign
> > www.veign.com
> > NEW ActiveX Control - Jeweled Style Buttons
> > www.veign.com/download_activex.html#jwldbutn
> > Code Samples & Sample Projects
> > http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
> > Submit Your Best Code (you keep the rights)
> > http://www.veign.com/information/application/code_submit.html
> > ---------

> > > Hi

> > > I have made a menu bar and the menu items contain shortcut or hotkeys
> (eg:
> > > &File) which should produce an underscore under the F of File. But
when
> > the
> > > program starts I cannot see the 'underscores' until I actually use one
> of
> > > the (alt +F).

> > > Is there a setting to make them viewable without having to physically
> use
> > > them.

> > > Thanx Ben

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 20:39:14 GMT

1. cannot see shortcut key in menu bar??HELP

2. Shortcut Keys in Menu Bar

3. Cannot disable Alt+F4 keystroke and erratic shortcut menu operation

4. Setting Shortcut Text in Custom Menu Bar?

5. Displaying Shortcut Key in Menu

6. Re : Shortcut keys in Menu

7. Menu editor - shortcut keys

8. invisible pop-up menus and shortcut keys

9. Changing menu shortcut keys at run-time

10. custom Ctrl menu shortcut-keys

11. Menu bar and keyboard shortcut PROBLEMS!

12. HELP: Menu with shortcut key fails on Win95