RichEditBox, OLE Embedding, In-place Activision, ActiveX, IE4
Author Message
 RichEditBox, OLE Embedding, In-place Activision, ActiveX, IE4

Greetings All,

I'm using a RichEditBox in VB, in an ActiveX control I'm developing (to
be used in an HTML page in IE4.0+)
I want to allow the user to add images to the RichEditBox by choosing
them from a common file open dialog box. In order to do so, I wrote
something similiar to this:

editbox.OLEObjects.Add , , FileName

My problem is that the rich edit box automatically starts in-place
activision for the image - thus opening it as a new page and ruining the
whole thing... Is there anyway to prevent the automatic in-place
activision, or somehow bypass it? My only current resort is to directly
access the RTF text...

Speaking of which, can anyone tell me or direct me to a source of
information describing the way RTF stores images? Note that I'm talking
about RTF storing CONTENT, not LINK.

Thanks All,
Oz, Netvision

P.S.
I'd like to receive responses directly to my EMail address... I'm using
Netscape Collabra to post this and other newsgroups messages. How do I
do that? (Make people that reply, reply to my EMail address in addition
to the newsgroup?)

Sat, 02 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 RichEditBox, OLE Embedding, In-place Activision, ActiveX, IE4

Quote:
> My problem is that the rich edit box automatically starts in-place
> activision for the image - thus opening it as a new page and ruining the
> whole thing... Is there anyway to prevent the automatic in-place
> activision, or somehow bypass it? My only current resort is to directly
> access the RTF text...

You should probably load the picture yourself into the clipboard, and then
paste it on to the RTF.

Quote:
> Speaking of which, can anyone tell me or direct me to a source of
> information describing the way RTF stores images? Note that I'm talking
> about RTF storing CONTENT, not LINK.

The MSDN library includes the complete RTF specification. Just goto
msdn.microsoft.com and use the search engine with some keywords. You can't
miss it.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please post/reply to the newsgroup(s)

Klaus H. Probst
http://members.xoom.com/kprobst/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sat, 02 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to use embedded ActiveX controls who need design-time licens in IE4/5

2. ActiveX Documents and OLE Embedded objects

3. ActiveX Documents and OLE Embedded objects

4. ActiveX Documents and OLE Embedded objects

5. Can ActiveX Doc work like OLE Embedded Document

6. Linking or Embedding an OLE object into an Access OLE DataType Field using DAO

7. Linking or Embedding an OLE Object in an Access OLE DataType Field using DAO

8. Embedding licensed ActiveX Controls within a VB ActiveX Control

9. Grid control and inplace editing

10. IE4 OLE Automation causes 100% CPU

11. Blocks in textfield inplace of ENTER key

12. InPlace Editing for FlexGrid or some other GridControl?