Sending mail without using any email client !
Author Message
 Sending mail without using any email client !

Hello Everyone,

Here I'm with another query !

This time I want to send a mail using VB application, but at the same I
don't want to use any email client (not Outlook Express nor Outlook 2000).
Is it possible?
In other words if you are sending mails from ASP page, where it does not use
any of the email client, same manner I want to send mail without using any
email client.

Now, If I use MAPI, I have to have either Outlook Express or Out 2000 for
sending mail, which I don't want.

All these pains, because, the machine where my VB App will be running  does
not have any email client installed.

Is there any way?

IF some one can guide me or help me with sample code it will be a great
favor.

Anand Dhrangadharia.
Service Evaluation Concepts

Wed, 26 May 2004 05:50:48 GMT
 Sending mail without using any email client !
On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 16:50:48 -0500, "Anand"

Quote:

>This time I want to send a mail using VB application, but at the same I
>don't want to use any email client (not Outlook Express nor Outlook 2000).
>Is it possible?
>In other words if you are sending mails from ASP page, where it does not use
>any of the email client, same manner I want to send mail without using any
>email client.

>Now, If I use MAPI, I have to have either Outlook Express or Out 2000 for
>sending mail, which I don't want.

>All these pains, because, the machine where my VB App will be running  does
>not have any email client installed.

>Is there any way?

You might want to take a look at our mail related controls (in
particular our SMTP and MIME components) in SocketTools. We have a
SocketTip article which discusses attaching files in particular, but
also gives a general overview of how to send mail. You can find it
here:
http://www.catalyst.com/support/tips/tip12.html

Note that this approach doesn't require that your customer have any
particular email client installed, only that they have an Internet
connection. The actual code to do this can run from just a few lines
for basic mail delivery, to something a bit more complex if you need
features like authentication, delivery status notification and so on.
You can download a free trial version of SocketTools from
www.catalyst.com

David

----

Catalyst Development Corporation   | application with ActivePatch. Download
http://www.catalyst.com/           | the SDK from www.activepatch.com

Sat, 29 May 2004 09:37:39 GMT
 Sending mail without using any email client !

Quote:

> This time I want to send a mail using VB application, but at the same I
> don't want to use any email client (not Outlook Express nor Outlook 2000).
> Is it possible?
> In other words if you are sending mails from ASP page, where it does not
use
> any of the email client, same manner I want to send mail without using any
> email client.

> Now, If I use MAPI, I have to have either Outlook Express or Out 2000 for
> sending mail, which I don't want.

> All these pains, because, the machine where my VB App will be running
does
> not have any email client installed.

> Is there any way?

Have a look at  http://www.vbsquare.com/articles/sendmail/ or
http://www.vbsquare.com/internet/sendmail-demo/ or
http://www.vbip.com/winsock/winsock_simple_sender.asp

Berend

Mon, 31 May 2004 05:32:51 GMT

1. Sending mail without using any email client !

2. Sending mail without using any email client !

3. Sending mail without using any email client !

4. Sending mail without using MS Outlook or other mail client

5. How can i open the default mail client (without sending email)

6. How to send HTML email from outlook client without using CDONTS

7. is there any way to send email through a formal without launching the email client

8. Send Simple E-Mail Message without E-Mail client

9. Send e-mail using default e-mail client

10. Sending email without client

11. Send Mail Without Leaving Message in Sent Mail

12. Send Mail using CDO or MAPI without using a profile