Access Denied when creating OCA, from a OCX
Author Message
 Access Denied when creating OCA, from a OCX

Hi All.
I'm running a network, in which students are using Visual Basic 6.0 SP5.
The users only have User-right, but they have been given permission to write
in windows\system32, and in program files.
They also have fullright to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.
When they need to use an OCX-component. They get an Access denied.
This happens as far as I can see when VB tries to create the OCA-file for
the OCX.
The proccedure I use is:
Start new project.
Standard EXE.
Then press Ctrl+T, and select one of the controls.
Then click OK.
If you are not Administrator on on the computer it will say Access Denied.

It is not an option to make all students administrators, but are there
anyone that knows where to give standard users rights, to make this problem
disappear?

Regards

Markussen
System Administrator
Informatics and Mathematical Modelling
Technical University of Denmark

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 05:41:01 GMT
 Access Denied when creating OCA, from a OCX
This may help... a guy in the Enterprise group posted this last month (11/15)

HOWTO: Grant Users the Access to Add Visual Basic Components
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274484

--
Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - http://www.vbsight.com/ - Please keep it in the groups

Quote:

> Hi All.
> I'm running a network, in which students are using Visual Basic 6.0 SP5.
> The users only have User-right, but they have been given permission to write
> in windows\system32, and in program files.
> They also have fullright to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.
> When they need to use an OCX-component. They get an Access denied.
> This happens as far as I can see when VB tries to create the OCA-file for
> the OCX.
> The proccedure I use is:
> Start new project.
> Standard EXE.
> Then press Ctrl+T, and select one of the controls.
> Then click OK.
> If you are not Administrator on on the computer it will say Access Denied.

> It is not an option to make all students administrators, but are there
> anyone that knows where to give standard users rights, to make this problem
> disappear?

> Regards

> Markussen
> System Administrator
> Informatics and Mathematical Modelling
> Technical University of Denmark

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 11:11:57 GMT

1. Access Denied OCX

2. Access Denied while creating an object

3. Access denied when creating ActiveX component

4. OCX registering... and OCA

5. OCA/OCX/Visual Basic 6.0 problem

6. Difference between ocx and oca

7. help : OCX/OCA/ missing reference

8. OCX/OCA Problem

9. Search dsSock32.ocx et dsSock32.oca

10. OCX/OCA

11. mscomm32.ocx & oca

12. What changes my OCX reference to and OCA reference