OCX controls don't register with Install
Author Message
 OCX controls don't register with Install

I have VB 5.0 Pro.  I originally installed this
over my VB 4.0 Pro.  The ocx controls were
all available in Controls tab of the components
dialog box.  I have re-installed this and
now only 7 controls are registered.  If I
click browse the ocx controls are in the
Windows\system subdirectory.  If I go
to the "Designers" or "Insertable Objects"
tabs I get a file not found error.  I have
read the controls.txt file in the tools sub-
directory and tried to run the files
there to manually register the controls.
But when I go to a command line I get
a Cannot run this in DOS mode error.

How can I remedy this?

Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. MSINET.OCX *still* won't register, and now IE4 won't install

2. OCX CONTROL can't register TABCTL32,OCX

3. Help can't get VB6 Data controls to register on new install

4. Why don't my exe's and ocx's unregister

5. Error 367 Can't Load(register) custom Control Threed32.ocx

6. can't load (or register) Custom Control PDQComm16.OCX

7. Windows Media Player - MSDXM.OCX control won't register

8. Can't load(or register) custom control crystl16.ocx

9. Can't load (or register) custom control: VBSQL.OCX

10. VB can't run non-Microsoft OCX when user don't login as Adminsitrator

11. My projects containg toolbars don't appear Can't find COMCTL32.ocx

12. Created and installed VB.Net service but don't see it in services