DLL -Can't find Functions
Author Message
 DLL -Can't find Functions

jlombardo,

Quote:
>I created a DLL using VB5. It works fine when calling its functions from
>another VB app but Win95's Quick View doesn't list the functions it
contains.
>Also I can link the DLL in another programming environment (Toolbook
>Openscript) but have no access to the functions.

>Does anybody know what's going on?

VB5 doesn't support traditional exporting of DLL functions. It only exports
functionality via OLE interfaces.

I understand there is a tool available somewhere that does allow you to
export a function from a VB DLL.

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits Programming

Fri, 19 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL -Can't find Functions

Quote:
>I created a DLL using VB5. It works fine when calling its functions from
>another VB app but Win95's Quick View doesn't list the functions it

contains.
I had the same problem by creating a DLL in VC++5.0. The functions of the
DLL are not shown in an exporttabel in Quick View. So I couldn't import the
Functions in other applications by using their names. I solved this problem
by using the ordinal numbers instead of the function names. But I haven't
found a possibility to get the functionnames in an export tabel. If there is
anybody who has a solution for this problem, please tell me!

Bye

Juergen

Fri, 19 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5 DLL function / Can't find DLL entry point

2. Finding functions in DLL's..

3. Finding functions inside DLL's?

4. 'Canned' data in VB program

5. Find function in dll;Trouver une fonction dans une dll

6. error 'can't find *.dll'

7. dll creation problem: can't find dll entry point

8. can't find PDBDAO.DLL, PDIRDAO.DLL

9. VB5 DLL Error - Can't Find Entry Point in ...dll

10. dll creation problem: can't find dll entry point

11. VB5 DLL Error - Can't Find Entry Point in ...dll

12. Can't find DLL entry point OpenEventLog in advapi32.dll