Binary Compatibility - Optional Arguments
Author Message
 Binary Compatibility - Optional Arguments

When re-making a simple ocx, written in Visual Basic, with binary
compatibility, I continually receive warnings that certain methods are not
compatible with the previous version.  I assure you I didn't make any
changes to these methods.  The cause appears to be any method with optional
arguments which are being assigned a default value.  Can someone please
confirm this is true?  Can anyone explain why this might be?

Sat, 22 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Use of Optional Parameters breaks binary compatibility?

2. Argument not optional

3. Argument is not optional

4. Argument Not Optional: ac97, calling a function

5. optional arguments and Ismissing

6. Optional argument test

7. optional arguments

8. Argument not optional

9. VB-Bug ---->argument not optional

10. Finding if optional arguments are entered.

11. VB4 Update Argument Not Optional DAO 3.5

12. Optional Argument in Propert Let