ListView control - Keeping selected items looking selected
Author Message
 ListView control - Keeping selected items looking selected

Hi.  I am trying to replace some standard list boxes in my application with
ListView controls.  One feature of the standard list box is that if an item
is selected, either by the user or from code, and the focus changes to
another control, the selected item remains highlighted.  However, when the
ListView control loses focus, the item that is selected is no longer
highlighted, so the user can't tell which item is selected.  Is there a way
to make the ListView control continue to show the selected item as
highlighted even after it loses focus?

Thanks,
Tim.

Sat, 23 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ListView control - Keeping selected items looking selected

Quote:
>Is there a way
>to make the ListView control continue to show the
>selected item as highlighted even after it loses focus?

Set the HideSelection property to False.  The selected item will remain
highlighted, but in a different colour than when it has focus.

--

Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic

VBnet, The Visual Basic Developers Resource Centre
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet

Common Controls Replacement Project Member
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp

Quote:

>Hi.  I am trying to replace some standard list boxes in my application with
>ListView controls.  One feature of the standard list box is that if an item
>is selected, either by the user or from code, and the focus changes to
>another control, the selected item remains highlighted.  However, when the
>ListView control loses focus, the item that is selected is no longer
>highlighted, so the user can't tell which item is selected.  Is there a way
>to make the ListView control continue to show the selected item as
>highlighted even after it loses focus?

>Thanks,
>Tim.

Sat, 23 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ListView control - Keeping selected items looking selected
How would this be done using API calls??

James.

Quote:

>>Is there a way
>>to make the ListView control continue to show the
>>selected item as highlighted even after it loses focus?

>Set the HideSelection property to False.  The selected item will remain
>highlighted, but in a different colour than when it has focus.

>--

>Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic

>VBnet, The Visual Basic Developers Resource Centre
>http://www.mvps.org/vbnet

>Common Controls Replacement Project Member
>http://www.mvps.org/ccrp

>>Hi.  I am trying to replace some standard list boxes in my application
with
>>ListView controls.  One feature of the standard list box is that if an
item
>>is selected, either by the user or from code, and the focus changes to
>>another control, the selected item remains highlighted.  However, when the
>>ListView control loses focus, the item that is selected is no longer
>>highlighted, so the user can't tell which item is selected.  Is there a
way
>>to make the ListView control continue to show the selected item as
>>highlighted even after it loses focus?

>>Thanks,
>>Tim.

Wed, 27 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ListView control - Keeping selected items looking selected
uh...  I figured it out. thx

Quote:

>How would this be done using API calls??

>James.

>>>Is there a way
>>>to make the ListView control continue to show the
>>>selected item as highlighted even after it loses focus?

>>Set the HideSelection property to False.  The selected item will remain
>>highlighted, but in a different colour than when it has focus.

>>--

>>Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic

>>VBnet, The Visual Basic Developers Resource Centre
>>http://www.mvps.org/vbnet

>>Common Controls Replacement Project Member
>>http://www.mvps.org/ccrp

>>>Hi.  I am trying to replace some standard list boxes in my application
>with
>>>ListView controls.  One feature of the standard list box is that if an
>item
>>>is selected, either by the user or from code, and the focus changes to
>>>another control, the selected item remains highlighted.  However, when
the
>>>ListView control loses focus, the item that is selected is no longer
>>>highlighted, so the user can't tell which item is selected.  Is there a
>way
>>>to make the ListView control continue to show the selected item as
>>>highlighted even after it loses focus?

>>>Thanks,
>>>Tim.

Thu, 28 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Listview, keep focus on selected item in VB6

2. Why does the previous selected item in a ListView get selected for a short moment

3. How to keep item selected in Treeview control?

4. Selecting items in a DB-list and passing fields from selected rec to a control

5. jump listview to the hilight item (selected item)...

6. ListView Control - Removing selected items from the list

7. to retrieve the currently selected item in a ListView control

8. Show selected items of 2 ListView controls??

9. MS ListView control deselects selected items when it regains focus

10. Selecting Items AND SubItems in ListView control

11. Remove Selected item in ListView Control

12. ListView Control's Selected Items Focus