user controls: HELP!
Author Message
 user controls: HELP!

I'm having some difficulties with the behaviour of projects containing user
controls. I have a project group which I am trying to tidy up, including
renaming the user controls.
Some of the problems I am having include:

1. If I build am OCX, then delete it, even though the OCX is gone, it still
shows up in the components list. How do I "Unregister" and OCX if I decide I
don't want it?

2. In the project group, my controls sometimes appear as ocx's, sometimes as
vbp's in the components list. However, I cannot add a vbp to the components
list.

3. Since I have built the controls several times, the version has been
incremented. But I have abandoned that build and gone back to an earlier
project group when thing went wrong. I now get "There is a newer version of
project1.ocx. Do you want to upgrade to version 6?" If I say yes, I get
"Project1.ocx cannot be loaded" (even though it is actually there), if I say
no, everything loads and builds ok, and I rebuild project1.ocx at version 7
to attempt to get over this. But I get exactly the same the next time I
start the project group.

4. If I rename the control in the project group, the project still seems to
use the old ocx. How can I get it to use the new one?

Is there some good information on how VB project groups interact with user
controls somewhere? I can find sample OCX projects on the MSDN, but nothing
that gives me more advanced information to handle these difficulties.

Thanks.

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 user controls: HELP!

Quote:
> 2. In the project group, my controls sometimes appear as ocx's, sometimes as
> vbp's in the components list. However, I cannot add a vbp to the components
> list.

Of course you can

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 user controls: HELP!

Quote:
> > 2. In the project group, my controls sometimes appear as ocx's,
sometimes as
> > vbp's in the components list. However, I cannot add a vbp to the
components
> > list.

> Of course you can

Maybe you know how to but I don't. If you browse from the projects
components form, and point to a vbp file, you get error "the file ...vbp was
not registerable as an ActiveX Component"

I did not find your contribution to this newsgroup in relation to this
question particularly useful.

Mon, 28 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. User Control Help

2. User Controls Help!

3. A little User Control Help Needed

4. User Control in User Control

5. Keypreview Lost When Using a User Control embedded in another user control

6. User Control and User Defined Type Passing

7. User Control - User-defined type not defined

8. Help with user control

9. Help Raising Events in User Controls

10. Please help first time ADO data control User

11. Creating dynamic User Controls/ActiveX - Help

12. Call Help About User Control .........