CDO.DLL
Author Message
 CDO.DLL

How to include CDO.DLL in VB6?

Sat, 07 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CDO.DLL
Use regsvr32 to register it on your computer, then in VB go to Project
| References and add the CDO library as a reference to your project.
Note that there are different CDO libraries for win9x and NT!

Success,
Mark.

Quote:
> How to include CDO.DLL in VB6?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 07 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CDO.DLL
Hi,
I am using CDO and have a problem. My application works very well in NT (It
was developed in NT). When installed in '98 I get the error of
MAPI_E_NOTFOUND.  When run on 2000 nothing hapens and no error messages are
displayed. Does any body have an Idea what's the matter? Could the
differences in CDO Libraries be a cause?

Cheers,

Quote:

>Use regsvr32 to register it on your computer, then in VB go to Project
>| References and add the CDO library as a reference to your project.
>Note that there are different CDO libraries for win9x and NT!

>Success,
>Mark.

>> How to include CDO.DLL in VB6?

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Tue, 10 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CDO.DLL
There are different versions od CDO for NT and WIN9X
Rajesh

Quote:
> Hi,
> I am using CDO and have a problem. My application works very well in NT
(It
> was developed in NT). When installed in '98 I get the error of
> MAPI_E_NOTFOUND.  When run on 2000 nothing hapens and no error messages
are
> displayed. Does any body have an Idea what's the matter? Could the
> differences in CDO Libraries be a cause?

> Cheers,

Quote:
> >Use regsvr32 to register it on your computer, then in VB go to Project
> >| References and add the CDO library as a reference to your project.
> >Note that there are different CDO libraries for win9x and NT!

> >Success,
> >Mark.

> >> How to include CDO.DLL in VB6?

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CDO.DLL
There are different CDO libraries for winnt/2k and for win98.
Unfortunately, they are both called CDO.dll.
Search msdn for more info.

Quote:
> Hi,
> I am using CDO and have a problem. My application works very well in NT
(It
> was developed in NT). When installed in '98 I get the error of
> MAPI_E_NOTFOUND.  When run on 2000 nothing hapens and no error messages
are
> displayed. Does any body have an Idea what's the matter? Could the
> differences in CDO Libraries be a cause?

> Cheers,

Quote:
> >Use regsvr32 to register it on your computer, then in VB go to Project
> >| References and add the CDO library as a reference to your project.
> >Note that there are different CDO libraries for win9x and NT!

> >Success,
> >Mark.

> >> How to include CDO.DLL in VB6?

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CDO.DLL
Thanx Rajesh.
However, my problem is still not sorted out. Does it mean I'll have to
write two versions of my application, one for NT and another for WIN9X ?

Is it possible to reference both versions of CDO.DLL in the same app.
I.E do they have different names.

Cheers

Quote:
> There are different versions od CDO for NT and WIN9X
> Rajesh

> > Hi,
> > I am using CDO and have a problem. My application works very well
in NT
> (It
> > was developed in NT). When installed in '98 I get the error of
> > MAPI_E_NOTFOUND.  When run on 2000 nothing hapens and no error
messages
> are
> > displayed. Does any body have an Idea what's the matter? Could the
> > differences in CDO Libraries be a cause?

> > Cheers,

> > >Use regsvr32 to register it on your computer, then in VB go to
Project
> > >Note that there are different CDO libraries for win9x and NT!

> > >Success,
> > >Mark.

> > >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 27 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CDO.DLL
CDO is a gawd-awful mess, but it does actually do some pretty useful things.
A good site to look up your problem would be www.cdolive.com; pretty much
anything can be found there, and they have a forum related solely to CDO.
But no, you would more than likely not have to re-code anything, however,
you would need to recompile with a reference for the proper library, unless
you were utilizing late binding eg:
    dim oMessages as object
    set oMessages=createobject("PROG.ID")

    as compared to early binding:
    Dim oMessages as Messages

the tradeoff is that late binding is significantly slower, however, as long
as the progid exists on the target computer, and the properties/methods
exist on that component, you're safe.

Quote:
> Thanx Rajesh.
> However, my problem is still not sorted out. Does it mean I'll have to
> write two versions of my application, one for NT and another for WIN9X ?

> Is it possible to reference both versions of CDO.DLL in the same app.
> I.E do they have different names.

> Cheers

> > There are different versions od CDO for NT and WIN9X
> > Rajesh

> > > Hi,
> > > I am using CDO and have a problem. My application works very well
> in NT
> > (It
> > > was developed in NT). When installed in '98 I get the error of
> > > MAPI_E_NOTFOUND.  When run on 2000 nothing hapens and no error
> messages
> > are
> > > displayed. Does any body have an Idea what's the matter? Could the
> > > differences in CDO Libraries be a cause?

> > > Cheers,

> Project
> project.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. CDO.DLL for Win98

2. How to tell CDO.DLL is there ?

3. CDO.dll --> Retrieve Address Book

4. distributing CDO.dll for multiple platforms?

5. Where oh where can I get cdo.dll?

6. MAPI & CDO.DLL

7. check CDO.DLL

8. GetAddressList method and CDO.DLL on clients

9. Sending Mail from ASP using CDO.dll (outlook 98)

10. CDO.DLL

11. CDO.DLL

12. Where can I get CDO.DLL ?