USB
Author Message
 USB

hi, all
Can I use MSCOMM control to communicate through USB?

Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:44:15 GMT
 USB
AFAIK, the MSCOMM control will only work with standard serial ports.  To be
able to work with USB ports, there are two possibilities.  One is to take
full programmatic control of a port via the APIs that deal with USB.  The
second possibility is to look for an alternative control, similar to the
MSCOMM, that does have support for these new ports.  I performed a search
on the web for any such controls and I think I found one  that will meet
your needs at the following web address...

http://www.greenleafsoftware.com/CommX/CommXInfo1.asp

 This web page gives you a description of the control and it's features and
also has a link to download a demo of the control.

Best Regards,

Alick Ye

--------------------

Subject: USB
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 10:44:15 +0800

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.controls

hi, all
Can I use MSCOMM control to communicate through USB?

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:01:46 GMT

1. Same code on usb thumbdrive slower than usb ext drive

2. Sending a HEX string down the USB port

3. How to flush/disconnect a USB device?

4. USB comms

5. Programmatically eject USB device?

6. howto read values from an usb-device

7. USB Programming in Windows 2000