toolbar problem/resize buttons
Author Message
 toolbar problem/resize buttons

Hello,
I'm adding images to the toolbar with the imagelist control.  The
problem I'm having is that I can't resize the images on the toolbar.
When I try to modify the buttonheight and buttonwidth, it just doesn't
work!!  Any suggestions, comments?

Thanks!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 31 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 toolbar problem/resize buttons

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 toolbar problem/resize buttons

Aug 2000 18:49:12 GMT bearing the following fruit:

Quote:
>Hello,
>I'm adding images to the toolbar with the imagelist control.  The
>problem I'm having is that I can't resize the images on the toolbar.
>When I try to modify the buttonheight and buttonwidth, it just doesn't
>work!!  Any suggestions, comments?

>Thanks!!

Please don't multipost.

If you must post to more than one group
then select up to three or four relevant
groups and crosspost to them.

That way everyone can benefit from the

Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 toolbar problem/resize buttons
I know, the toolbar is AWFUL!!! I made my own toolbar with pictures.
contact me:

ICQ: 1515298
Quote:

> Aug 2000 18:49:12 GMT bearing the following fruit:

> >Hello,
> >I'm adding images to the toolbar with the imagelist control.  The
> >problem I'm having is that I can't resize the images on the toolbar.
> >When I try to modify the buttonheight and buttonwidth, it just doesn't
> >work!!  Any suggestions, comments?

> >Thanks!!

> Please don't multipost.

> If you must post to more than one group
> then select up to three or four relevant
> groups and crosspost to them.

> That way everyone can benefit from the

Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 toolbar problem/resize buttons

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 toolbar problem/resize buttons
Unfortunately, the size of the buttons on the toolbar is fixed once you
have added the images. The size of the buttons is determined solely by
the size of the images included in your image list.

If you want to change the size of the buttons at design time then you
need to do the following:

1) Remove the ImageList entry from your toolbar (all the pictures will
then disappear)
2) Create a new image list and *before* you add any images, set the size
(usually 16x16 is the best size for toolbar buttons).
3) Insert all your images into the imagelist
4) Set the ImageList entry from your toolbar to be your new list
5) Set the indeces of all the buttons so that they have the appropriate
picture.

This is a little long-winded and a total pain but that's how toolbars
have been implemented. It is probably worth investing some time in
developing your own ActiveX version with the functionality you want.

David Anderson

Quote:
Posted At: Monday, August 14, 2000 7:49 PM
Posted To: controls
Conversation: toolbar problem/resize buttons
Subject: toolbar problem/resize buttons

Hello,
I'm adding images to the toolbar with the imagelist control.  The
problem I'm having is that I can't resize the images on the toolbar.
When I try to modify the buttonheight and buttonwidth, it just doesn't
work!!  Any suggestions, comments?

Thanks!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Resizing ToolBar buttons

2. Toolbar buttons won't resize after installation of SP3

3. Q: Resizing Toolbar Buttons

4. Toolbar buttons not resizing properly

5. Buttons on Toolbar automatically resizing

6. Q: Resizing Toolbar Buttons

7. Q: Resizing Toolbar Buttons

8. Toolbar resize problem.

9. Toolbar Resize Problem

10. SSTab, Command buttons, and resizing problem

11. BUG: Toolbar-Buttons wrong pictures - toolbar.zip (1/1)

12. BUG: Toolbar-Buttons wrong pictures - toolbar.zip (0/1)