Help with comctl32.ocx
Author Message
 Help with comctl32.ocx

Hi

Please could someone help me, I have been developing a project and since I
downloaded some controls from the net I have lost the use of Microsoft
common windows control 5.0, I do not know if this caused it or not.

When my project loaded there was an error that said the comctl32.ocx
(""could not be loaded).

I have the windows common controls-2 5.0 that works ok.

In the windows/system directory I have comctl32.ocx and .dep, but should I
have the .oca because it's not there.

I uninstalled VB and removed the .ocx and the .dep files from the
windows/system directory and re-installing VB, but I keep getting the same
error. also I have re-registered the .ocx file.

Please help as I do not want the format my hard-drive and re-install
everything, as this is what I did the last time it happened.

I am using :

    Windows 98
    VB 5.0 Enterprise

note: The project was previously developed in windows 95.

Thu, 19 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with comctl32.ocx
Hi Paul,

Try usng the Browse button in the Components dialog to search for the OCX
file and get the control back where it belongs.  I'm seeing this same
problem when upgrading a project from VBV5 to VB6, as the references change
from ComctlLib to MSComctlLib.  This was the solution I used.

David

--
Visit the HTMLHelp Center
for Visual Basic

Quote:
> Hi

> Please could someone help me, I have been developing a project and since
> downloaded some controls from the net I have lost the use of Microsoft
> common windows control 5.0, I do not know if this caused it or not.

> When my project loaded there was an error that said the comctl32.ocx
> (""could not be loaded).

> I have the windows common controls-2 5.0 that works ok.

> In the windows/system directory I have comctl32.ocx and .dep, but should
> have the .oca because it's not there.

> I uninstalled VB and removed the .ocx and the .dep files from the
> windows/system directory and re-installing VB, but I keep getting the
same
> error. also I have re-registered the .ocx file.

> Please help as I do not want the format my hard-drive and re-install
> everything, as this is what I did the last time it happened.

> I am using :

>     Windows 98
>     VB 5.0 Enterprise

> note: The project was previously developed in windows 95.

Thu, 19 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with comctl32.ocx
Hi David

I have already tried this, but it still pops up an error message saying it
cannot be loaded.

Can someone please help.

>Hi Paul,

>Try usng the Browse button in the Components dialog to search for the OCX
>file and get the control back where it belongs.  I'm seeing this same
>problem when upgrading a project from VBV5 to VB6, as the references change
>from ComctlLib to MSComctlLib.  This was the solution I used.

>David

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with comctl32.ocx

Quote:
> Hi David

> I have already tried this, but it still pops up an error message saying it
> cannot be loaded.

> Can someone please help.

> >Hi Paul,

> >Try usng the Browse button in the Components dialog to search for the OCX
> >file and get the control back where it belongs.  I'm seeing this same
> >problem when upgrading a project from VBV5 to VB6, as the references change
> >from ComctlLib to MSComctlLib.  This was the solution I used.

> >David

I need it also.....

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with comctl32.ocx
See if the info at http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/dev/devinfo/vbcpatch.htm helps.

--

Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

Quote:

>Hi

>Please could someone help me, I have been developing a project and since I
>downloaded some controls from the net I have lost the use of Microsoft
>common windows control 5.0, I do not know if this caused it or not.

>When my project loaded there was an error that said the comctl32.ocx
>(""could not be loaded).

>I have the windows common controls-2 5.0 that works ok.

>In the windows/system directory I have comctl32.ocx and .dep, but should I
>have the .oca because it's not there.

>I uninstalled VB and removed the .ocx and the .dep files from the
>windows/system directory and re-installing VB, but I keep getting the same
>error. also I have re-registered the .ocx file.

>Please help as I do not want the format my hard-drive and re-install
>everything, as this is what I did the last time it happened.

>I am using :

>    Windows 98
>    VB 5.0 Enterprise

>note: The project was previously developed in windows 95.

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with comctl32.ocx
This is a problem when we upgrade control to new version of install new VB

I use this method.
You have find the new version number of the OCX/activeXfile
do the following..

Open a new project
add control you having problem,
save the project as project.vbp and default form1 as form1.frm
go to explorer, rename project.vbp to project.txt
open the file project.txt under notepad
look at the line for the control reference version..
or copy the entire line.

now take your project
rename project "vbp" file to text file
look at the line for the control not loading
replace with new line copied from the above steps
rename the file back to "vbp"
run and see the problems should be solved

Better take backup of project before doing this steps,

Siva

Quote:

>Hi

>Please could someone help me, I have been developing a project and since I
>downloaded some controls from the net I have lost the use of Microsoft
>common windows control 5.0, I do not know if this caused it or not.

>When my project loaded there was an error that said the comctl32.ocx
>(""could not be loaded).

>I have the windows common controls-2 5.0 that works ok.

>In the windows/system directory I have comctl32.ocx and .dep, but should I
>have the .oca because it's not there.

>I uninstalled VB and removed the .ocx and the .dep files from the
>windows/system directory and re-installing VB, but I keep getting the same
>error. also I have re-registered the .ocx file.

>Please help as I do not want the format my hard-drive and re-install
>everything, as this is what I did the last time it happened.

>I am using :

>    Windows 98
>    VB 5.0 Enterprise

>note: The project was previously developed in windows 95.

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with COMCTL32.OCX in VB5 !

2. Need Help Registering COMCTL32.OCX

3. Help with COMCTL32.OCX

4. HELP using COMCTL32.OCX earlier version!

5. Help please: comctl32.ocx - VB4 vs. vb5 cce

6. Dependency Files for comctl32.ocx and comctl32.ocx

7. Comctl32.ocx and Comctl32.dep

8. Need Comctl32.dep file for Comctl32.ocx version 5.01.4319

9. ComCtl32.ocx (ComCtl32.dep)

10. comctl32.dep for comctl32.ocx v5.01.4319 ??

11. vb5 comctl32.dep for comctl32.ocx (version 5.00.3828)

12. Upgrading comctl32.ocx => comctl.ocx