How do I save an icon from ExtractIcon API to file or in an imagelist?
Author Message
 How do I save an icon from ExtractIcon API to file or in an imagelist?

Hello,

I have an easy question for someone out there. I used the ExtractIcon API
call to extract an icon from an exe. I then used DrawIcon to draw it in a
picturebox. Now that I have the icon in the picturebox I wanted to use it
in an imagelist control or save it to a file, but it doesn't work. I get an
incorrect image format or something like that. I tried using the
picturebox.image method (it worked) but the colors were all screwy or some
were missing. Can anyone tell me how to save an icon to file or how to
place it in an imagelist control?

Thanks

JON

Fri, 14 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ExtractIcon api call and then saving the icon to a file (HELP)

2. Icons, extracticon API

3. Icons, extracticon API

4. Icons, extracticon API

5. Icons, extracticon API

6. Imagelist ExtractIcon Method Compresses Image

7. ExtractIcon with a VB ImageList Control

8. ExtractIcon with a VB ImageList Control

9. ExtractIcon with a VB ImageList Control

10. ExtractIcon with a VB ImageList Control

11. ExtractIcon with a VB ImageList Control

12. ExtractIcon and hInst (How Should It Be Done?)