Silly question -- Parameter Query using DBGrid.
Author Message
 Silly question -- Parameter Query using DBGrid.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?
I'd like to use a parameter query to fill a dbGrid. I've tried a couple of
work arounds, but no dice.
It seems like this would be one of those things everyone needs and uses, so
there is sure to be a simple answer that will make me feel ????!!
Thanks in advance.

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Silly question -- Parameter Query using DBGrid.

Hi Mark:

Quote:
>I'd like to use a parameter query to fill a dbGrid.

II recall correctly (I had to do this once)
you need to create a parameter querydef using DAO, and then
using that create a new recordset and assign the newly created
recordset object to the recordset property of the the Data control,i.e.

  Set  Data1.Recordset = MyParamQD.OpenRecordset()

If you do a search in the VB help file on "creating parameter queries"
that should get you started.

Hope this helps,

Doug.

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Silly question -- Parameter Query using DBGrid.

2. Silly question -- Parameter Query using DBGrid.

3. Silly question or silly compiler ?

4. Question for anyone who has used parameter queries with querydef objects in VB

5. Question for anyone who has used parameter queries in querydef objects under VB

6. Using Parameters from VBA Code in a Parameter Query Export

7. Using Parameter Queries with Optional Parameters

8. Passing Parameters to stored parameter queries using VB 5's Data Controls

9. DBGrid in VB4 - Parameter Queries

10. calling parameter query from a parameter query

11. Using a Query in a DBGrid

12. query using DBGrid--help