Wrong Version of Runtime DLL
Author Message
 Wrong Version of Runtime DLL

Has anybody come across something like this?  If so, is there a solution?

We are trying to install a program created with VB5 SP3 on an NT4
Workstation SP4 computer.  The Setup program starts copying the files that
it needs, and before we can get into anything (changing installation
directory or even begin the installation process), the error:  "Wrong
Version of Runtime DLL" appears with only an OK button.  When OK is pressed,
the Setup program quits.

I am aware that  MDAC_typ.exe will fix errors referring to a "Missing DLL".
Will it fix this as well?  Or is it possible that the   msvbvm50.dll   file
is not being copied correctly?

This exact copy of the program setup has run successfully on other machines
such as WinNT Server SP4, WinNT Workstation SP3, WinNT Workstation SP4,
Win98, Win95.

--
Later,
Jody

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Wrong Version of Runtime DLL
I have seen this error when trying to run a VB 5 program complied
with one the VB Service packs on a machine that had did not have
the MSVBVM50.DLL for that service pack.
I assume you compiled your own Setup1.exe. Which version of
VB did you use? Which Version of MSVBVM50.DLL is on the machine?
George
GridLinx Software    Programming Tools for VB Programmers
http://www.gridlinx.com

Quote:

>Has anybody come across something like this?  If so, is there a solution?

>We are trying to install a program created with VB5 SP3 on an NT4
>Workstation SP4 computer.  The Setup program starts copying the files that
>it needs, and before we can get into anything (changing installation
>directory or even begin the installation process), the error:  "Wrong
>Version of Runtime DLL" appears with only an OK button.  When OK is
pressed,
>the Setup program quits.

>I am aware that  MDAC_typ.exe will fix errors referring to a "Missing DLL".
>Will it fix this as well?  Or is it possible that the   msvbvm50.dll   file
>is not being copied correctly?

>This exact copy of the program setup has run successfully on other machines
>such as WinNT Server SP4, WinNT Workstation SP3, WinNT Workstation SP4,
>Win98, Win95.

>--
>Later,
>Jody

>http://www.visual-statement.com/vb

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Wrong Version of Runtime DLL
I've seen this problem when there is an older version of msvbvm50.dll
installed in the windows directory, for example in my case I was trying to
install a VB5 SP3 app, My install program (the vb setupkit) was installing
msvbvm50.dll to the right place (the system directory) in the bootstrap, but
there was a pre SP3 msvbvm50.dll in the windows directory.  So the file in
the windows directory didn't get updated.  when setup.exe starts setup1.exe
(which is a vb5 program that setup.exe copies to the windows directory) ,
the pre sp3 msvbvm50.dll in the windows directory was loaded.  the result
was your error.

dan akers mscd

Quote:
> Has anybody come across something like this?  If so, is there a solution?

> We are trying to install a program created with VB5 SP3 on an NT4
> Workstation SP4 computer.  The Setup program starts copying the files that
> it needs, and before we can get into anything (changing installation
> directory or even begin the installation process), the error:  "Wrong
> Version of Runtime DLL" appears with only an OK button.  When OK is
pressed,
> the Setup program quits.

> I am aware that  MDAC_typ.exe will fix errors referring to a "Missing
DLL".
> Will it fix this as well?  Or is it possible that the   msvbvm50.dll
file
> is not being copied correctly?

> This exact copy of the program setup has run successfully on other
machines
> such as WinNT Server SP4, WinNT Workstation SP3, WinNT Workstation SP4,
> Win98, Win95.

> --
> Later,
> Jody

> http://www.visual-statement.com/vb

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wrong version of runtime DLL...?

2. WRONG VERSION OF RUNTIME DLL?????

3. VB4 - 16 bit : Wrong version of runtime dll

4. wrong version of runtime dll

5. reinstall? error: wrong version of runtime dll

6. HELP: > Wrong version off runtime.dll

7. HELP! Wrong version of Runtime DLL

8. Problem with Setup Wizard : Wrong version of RunTime DLL

9. Wrong Version of Runtime DLL

10. wrong version of runtime dll error

11. Wrong version of runtime DLL

12. Wrong version of runtime dll (IN VB4?)