different Focus behaviour between Standard and User controls
Author Message
 different Focus behaviour between Standard and User controls

I have an MDI form with a toolbar and an MDI child form which contains a
TextBox, a selfmade user control and a command button (with no
functionality).
The selfmade user control contains only a TextBox as its constituent
control and publishes essentially only the Text property of the
constituent control.

In the toolbar there is a button which sets the focus to "Me.ActiveForm"
on its Click event.
When I click into the TextBox and then on the toolbar button, the
TextBox catches a LostFocus event. The focus is at once returned to the
TextBox and when I now click on the command button on the child form,
the TextBox catches another LostFocus event. Everything as expected so
far.

Now I repeat the experiment with the selfmade user control, and the
behaviour is different:
I click into the SpecialText control and then on the toolbar button. The
SpecialText catches a LostFocus event. OK. The focus is returned to the
SpecialText (at least visually) and when I now click on the co

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 03 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Different behaviour of DBGrid- and RichTextBox- Controls

2. Different behaviour of DBGrid- and RichTextBox- Controls

3. Different behaviour of DBGrid- and RichTextBox- Controls

4. Different behaviour of DBGrid- and RichTextBox- Controls

5. Different behaviour of DBGrid- and RichTextBox- Controls

6. Any ways to make focus on Label control like focus in button control

7. Non standard properties on User Controls

8. Strange focus behaviour in MDI-child

9. Different menu's for different users

10. Different behaviour whenever running macros from menu or VBA Editor

11. different dataset behaviour using buttons and menus

12. Different program behaviour, VB6 and WinNT