Better RTF control than RichText Box
Author Message
 Better RTF control than RichText Box

Hi all...

I'm working on a program which reads in an rtf file, processes the
data contained within it and outputs it to an postscript file.  The
postscript output is done via a PS printer driver pointing to a
location on the local hard disk.  All this is done without human
intervention (automated, schedule-able).

When i read my rtf file via the RichText Box (to be printed), all my
formatting (boxes, lines and tables) are gone.  Thus the PS output is
inaccurate.  Is there a way or a control available on the net that
will give me greater RTF formatting?

Another alternative I'm looking at is loading the rtf via a Word
Object, but I don't know how to print the file from the object (ie.
using what method?)

Thanks for any help in advance.

--
Donny Yap

Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Better RTF control than RichText Box
There are better controls, but none are perfect.   They also cost $$.
I would take a look at using Word.  (Go into Word, into VBA and check
out the help file to learn how to print, or buy a book.)

Kenny Acock
<><

Quote:
> I'm working on a program which reads in an rtf file, processes the
> data contained within it and outputs it to an postscript file.  The
> postscript output is done via a PS printer driver pointing to a
> location on the local hard disk.  All this is done without human
> intervention (automated, schedule-able).

> When i read my rtf file via the RichText Box (to be printed), all my
> formatting (boxes, lines and tables) are gone.  Thus the PS output is
> inaccurate.  Is there a way or a control available on the net that
> will give me greater RTF formatting?

> Another alternative I'm looking at is loading the rtf via a Word
> Object, but I don't know how to print the file from the object (ie.
> using what method?)

Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Better RTF control than RichText Box

2. picture format in rtf code (richtext/rtf control)

3. picture format in rtf code (richtext/rtf control)

4. RichText Box and RTF Codes

5. Hidden Information in a RichText/rtf control

6. Hidden Text in RichText/RTF control

7. Hidden Information in a RichText/rtf control

8. A better RichText control anywhere?

9. Richtext box control

10. Controlling cursor position in Richtext box (VB5)

11. Tab length in a Richtext box control

12. Richtext Box Control