How to put a little icon in a column header of a ListView.
Author Message
 How to put a little icon in a column header of a ListView.

Hi, could you please tell me about this:

Is there any way to put an icon in the column header of a
ListView control?

How can I change the color of the text in the column
header?

How can I change the backcolor of the column header?

I want to use an icon to show the user which is the column
that is sorted.

Any suggestion appreciated.

Thanks, Jose.

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 03:02:47 GMT
 How to put a little icon in a column header of a ListView.

Quote:

> Hi, could you please tell me about this:

> Is there any way to put an icon in the column header of a
> ListView control?

There's an example in help that shows how to use the 'ColumnHeaderIcons
Property' to place icons in the headers.

Quote:
> How can I change the color of the text in the column
> header?

> How can I change the backcolor of the column header?

There's no built in support for Fore/Background colors

Quote:
> I want to use an icon to show the user which is the column
> that is sorted.

The icon can be specified at any time.

Quote:

--
Ken Halter
MS-MVP-VB

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 03:17:39 GMT
 How to put a little icon in a column header of a ListView.
TAKE A LOOK:

http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscctrl/#Combo%20and%20List%
20boxes

This should help you.

Quote:

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 03:24:59 GMT
 How to put a little icon in a column header of a ListView.
Hi Ken,

Just a note...
The original poster didn't say he was using VB6...  VB5 doesn't have the
ColumnHeaderIcons property.

David
lilchips.com

Quote:

> > Hi, could you please tell me about this:

> > Is there any way to put an icon in the column header of a
> > ListView control?

> There's an example in help that shows how to use the 'ColumnHeaderIcons
> Property' to place icons in the headers.

> > How can I change the color of the text in the column
> > header?

> > How can I change the backcolor of the column header?

> There's no built in support for Fore/Background colors

> > I want to use an icon to show the user which is the column
> > that is sorted.

> The icon can be specified at any time.

> > Any suggestion appreciated.

> > Thanks, Jose.

> --
> Ken Halter
> MS-MVP-VB
> http://www.vbsight.com
> Please keep it in the groups..

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:21:26 GMT
 How to put a little icon in a column header of a ListView.
In that case... see:

How to Add Images to a ListView Header
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/index.html?code/comctl/lvheaderimage.htm

--
Ken Halter
MS-MVP-VB

Quote:

> Hi Ken,

> Just a note...
> The original poster didn't say he was using VB6...  VB5 doesn't have
> the ColumnHeaderIcons property.

> David
> lilchips.com

>>> Hi, could you please tell me about this:

>>> Is there any way to put an icon in the column header of a
>>> ListView control?

>> There's an example in help that shows how to use the
>> 'ColumnHeaderIcons Property' to place icons in the headers.

>>> How can I change the color of the text in the column
>>> header?

>>> How can I change the backcolor of the column header?

>> There's no built in support for Fore/Background colors

>>> I want to use an icon to show the user which is the column
>>> that is sorted.

>> The icon can be specified at any time.

>>> Any suggestion appreciated.

>>> Thanks, Jose.

>> --
>> Ken Halter
>> MS-MVP-VB
>> http://www.vbsight.com
>> Please keep it in the groups..

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:45:06 GMT

1. Listview Column Header Icon

2. VBNET: Icons in Listview Column Headers

3. icons position in the column header caption in listview

4. listview column header icon

5. icons position in the column header caption in listview

6. ListView Problem with Column Auto-sizing When Headers Use Icons

7. ListView - Icons in Column Headers

8. Icons in column headers in listviews

9. Less complex way to put fields or formatting in header

10. Listview find Column Header Text

11. ListView multi-lined column headers

12. How to change color of ListView column header?