Menus "VB6(sp5)"
Author Message
 Menus "VB6(sp5)"

Hi,

I am trying to add Access Keys to submenus but they will
not show up with an underline. The headings work fine.

ie: &Clock   works fine
....&Time    will not work as a submenu under Clock. no
underline of T shows up.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks for you time

Paul

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:54:21 GMT
 Menus "VB6(sp5)"
It's a display setting. Control Panel -> Display -> Effects -> Hide keyboard
navigation indicators until I use the Alt Key. Clear that checkbox and you
should see the accelerator keys... effects all applications.

--
Ken Halter
MS-MVP-VB

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am trying to add Access Keys to submenus but they will
> not show up with an underline. The headings work fine.

> ie: &Clock   works fine
> ....&Time    will not work as a submenu under Clock. no
> underline of T shows up.

> Any help would be appreciated

> Thanks for you time

> Paul

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:11:54 GMT
 Menus "VB6(sp5)"

Quote:
> It's a display setting. Control Panel -> Display -> Effects -> Hide
> keyboard navigation indicators until I use the Alt Key. Clear that
> checkbox and you should see the accelerator keys... effects all
> applications.

That was my first thought, but:
Quote:
>> ie: &Clock   works fine

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:15:13 GMT
 Menus "VB6(sp5)"
Bob,

The headings worked fine for me also, even with the
checkmark in place. Once I removed the check all submenus
showed up. Thanks. Paul

Quote:

in message

>> It's a display setting. Control Panel -> Display ->
Effects -> Hide
>> keyboard navigation indicators until I use the Alt Key.
Clear that
>> checkbox and you should see the accelerator keys...
effects all
>> applications.

>That was my first thought, but:

>>> ie: &Clock   works fine

>.

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:34:47 GMT
 Menus "VB6(sp5)"
Ken,

That worked perfectly. I have been trying to fiqure this
out for weeks.

Thanks for you time.

Paul

Quote:

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:36:06 GMT
 Menus "VB6(sp5)"
Bob,

The headings worked fine for me also, even with the
checkmark in place. Once I removed the check all submenus
showed up. Thanks. Paul

Quote:

in message

>> It's a display setting. Control Panel -> Display ->
Effects -> Hide
>> keyboard navigation indicators until I use the Alt Key.
Clear that
>> checkbox and you should see the accelerator keys...
effects all
>> applications.

>That was my first thought, but:

>>> ie: &Clock   works fine

>.

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:34:43 GMT
 Menus "VB6(sp5)"
It's one of those.. "funny" things about VB menus I suppose.. if you start a
new project and add the &Clock top level menu and a &Time sub menu, in the
IDE, only the Top level menu will have the underline (without Alt) at
runtime though, neither underline will show until you press Alt (when the
setting is in effect)

--
Ken Halter
MS-MVP-VB

Quote:

>> It's a display setting. Control Panel -> Display -> Effects -> Hide
>> keyboard navigation indicators until I use the Alt Key. Clear that
>> checkbox and you should see the accelerator keys... effects all
>> applications.

> That was my first thought, but:

>>> ie: &Clock   works fine

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:40:01 GMT
 Menus "VB6(sp5)"
It's one of those settings that were added just to confuse people <g>.. The
setting is nice.. but it shouldn't be the default.

--
Ken Halter
MS-MVP-VB

Quote:

> Ken,

> That worked perfectly. I have been trying to fiqure this
> out for weeks.

> Thanks for you time.

> Paul

>>> Paul

>> .

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:42:21 GMT
 Menus "VB6(sp5)"

Quote:
> It's one of those.. "funny" things about VB menus I suppose.. if you
> start a new project and add the &Clock top level menu and a &Time sub
> menu, in the IDE, only the Top level menu will have the underline
> (without Alt) at runtime though, neither underline will show until
> you press Alt (when the setting is in effect)

Ahhh... I never noticed that the top-level menu showed the underscore in the
IDE.

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:11:08 GMT

1. "Send To" menu item - VB6

2. VB6 Menu "HELP" positioning

3. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

4. : VB6 Problem: "The memory could not be "read"/"written""

5. VB6 Problem: "The memory could not be "read"/"written""

6. GetObject("","InternetExplorer.Application") fails in Excel VBA

7. SysCmd 603, "path","path"

8. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

9. Loop print "VARIABLE", "VARIABLE"

10. DLL or something like "#"#ยค#"!"#