How to set mshflexgrid
Author Message
 How to set mshflexgrid

I have a few problems related in using the mshflexGrid Control

1) how am I going to determine the last row of the mshflexGrid which fill
with data so that I can insert data on the next available empty row ?
2) In data grid I can use NumberFormat to format the text which appear on a
column. How am I going to do that on the mshflexGrid  control?

Any help is very much appreciated!!

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:33:08 GMT
 How to set mshflexgrid

Fri, 2 May 2003 17:33:08 +0800 bearing the following fruit:

Quote:
>I have a few problems related in using the mshflexGrid Control

>1) how am I going to determine the last row of the mshflexGrid which fill
>with data so that I can insert data on the next available empty row ?

Since you fill it then I would have thought you should know.
I usually add the data and the row at the same time, that
way the next row is always going to be a new row.

Quote:
>2) In data grid I can use NumberFormat to format the text which appear on a
>column. How am I going to do that on the mshflexGrid  control?

I can't recall of the top of my head but I think it's
something like CellFormat, IIRC there are a couple of ways
to format the MSFlexgrid. Again, I usually format the data
before putting it into the grid.

A man is incomplete until he is married.
After that, he is finished.

(Zsa Zsa Gabor)

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:33:45 GMT
 How to set mshflexgrid
Thanks Jan Hyde for your quick response.
Actually to fill the mshflexgrid with rows of data, I created a recordset,
let say the recordset have 10 rows of data, then I use the  For.. Next loop
to fill the mshflexgrid until the end of File(EOF). During this fill in
process I know exactly the next available blank row to fill the data. But my
problem is that, after the mshflexgrid was populated with 10 rows of data,
the user might edit data on row 5 using an editing form and after editing
the data for row 5, the user might add a new row. So how am I going to find
out row 11 is the next available blank row to add in the new data.?

Wed, 19 Oct 2005 01:32:55 GMT
 How to set mshflexgrid

Sat, 3 May 2003 01:32:55 +0800 bearing the following fruit:

Quote:
>Thanks Jan Hyde for your quick response.
>Actually to fill the mshflexgrid with rows of data, I created a recordset,
>let say the recordset have 10 rows of data, then I use the  For.. Next loop
>to fill the mshflexgrid until the end of File(EOF). During this fill in
>process I know exactly the next available blank row to fill the data. But my
>problem is that, after the mshflexgrid was populated with 10 rows of data,
>the user might edit data on row 5 using an editing form and after editing
>the data for row 5, the user might add a new row.
>So how am I going to find
>out row 11 is the next available blank row to add in the new data.?

Well, if the row already exists then

.Rows

However you don't need to know. Your grid has ten rows you
need to add another row with data:

.AddItem "col1data" & vbtab & col2data & col3data

Your grid now has 11 populated rows and you didn't even need
to know the row number.

People who live in the mountains have their own viewpoint. (Mike Bull)

Sat, 22 Oct 2005 16:27:24 GMT

1. How to set mshflexgrid row color..

2. MSHFlexGrid set to empty recordset

3. Setting FontBold for Bands in MSHFlexGrid

4. How to set BandExpandable for MSHFlexGrid ?

5. Multiple Character Sets in MSHFlexGrid

6. Set position in MSHFlexGrid

7. How to set the headings for a MSHFlexgrid

8. Setting ColWidth in MSHFlexGrid ??

9. setting the cell color with mshflexgrid

10. MSHFlexGrid ignores Control Panel setting : DDMMYYYY

11. Setting ColWidth in MSHFlexGrid ??

12. How to sort the data of MSHFlexGrid by click one the header of MSHFlexGrid?