Listview memory leak
Author Message
 Listview memory leak

I've notice a memory leak in the listview control in VB6
SP5. If you create a form with a listview with the
checkboxes property sey to true, and repeatedly show and
unload this form, the memory usage will increase by approx
200k every time.
Any explanations?

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:24:52 GMT
 Listview memory leak
I can achieve the same functionality most of the time with
a checked listbox, however this seems to be a major bug
with a listview. If a application is running all day, with
a form with check listview, the memory soon gets used up.

Quote:

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:15:46 GMT
 Listview memory leak
I think there must be something else going on in your app. I just tried it:
memory usage goes up about 20k the first time (presumably your form has
other things on it or more code than my test), but is unchanged thereafter.

Have you checked that the form really does unload and terminate? Try putting
debug.print or msgbox statements in the Unload and Terminate events, just to
check.

Quote:
> I've notice a memory leak in the listview control in VB6
> SP5. If you create a form with a listview with the
> checkboxes property sey to true, and repeatedly show and
> unload this form, the memory usage will increase by approx
> 200k every time.
> Any explanations?

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:24:17 GMT
 Listview memory leak
No offence, but (like most of the posters at these forums) I never download
attachments. In fact many people filter the postings so they don't even see
messages with attachments.

I'm also using VB6 SP5 and W2000. So as I say, there must be something else
to it.

Quote:
> Thanks for your answer
> I have attached my test app, I just show the form and
> unload based  on a number of iterations to simulate long
> use of the application. The form just contains the one
> listview control with the checkboxes option set to true.
> I'm watching the memory usage in the task manager under
> windows 2000. i haven't tried it on any other platforms,
> but the memory definitely jumps up quite a bit.

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:10:07 GMT

1. Memory leak in ListView control?

2. VB6 ListView with Checkboxes causing memory leak

3. ListView control memory leak?

4. Memory leak when resizing ListView

5. Memory Leaks/Resource Leaks

6. OLE Automation Problems - MEMORY HOG (Memory Leak?)

7. memory leak in vitual memory

8. memory leak on vitual memory

9. Memory Leak -- Out of Memory

10. ADO Memory Leak results in out of memory

11. Memory leaks using shell from VBA with winAPI kernel32

12. Email Reports - Memory leak?