ListView Control's Selected Items Focus
Author Message
 ListView Control's Selected Items Focus

To All on MSDN Discussion Forum:

I have an application where I have a ListView control that
can have numerous items being displayed.  When the user
clicks on an item in the ListView control, the item gets
highlighted in the ListView control and other controls on
the form get enabled and/or become visible.  When I click
on one of these other controls, focus is lost on the
ListView control and the selected item is unhighlighted.
This event is undesirable because the user can no longer
tell what the selected item is.

Is there anyway to keep an item selected in the ListView
control, when the ListView control has lost focus to
another control on the same form or another form in the
same VB project?  Any help or hints on this topic would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 21:45:29 GMT
 ListView Control's Selected Items Focus
Listview1.HideSelection = False

--
Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - Please keep it in the groups..
http://www.vbsight.com - http://www.vbsight.com/MultiColumn.htm

Quote:
> To All on MSDN Discussion Forum:

> I have an application where I have a ListView control that
> can have numerous items being displayed.  When the user
> clicks on an item in the ListView control, the item gets
> highlighted in the ListView control and other controls on
> the form get enabled and/or become visible.  When I click
> on one of these other controls, focus is lost on the
> ListView control and the selected item is unhighlighted.
> This event is undesirable because the user can no longer
> tell what the selected item is.

> Is there anyway to keep an item selected in the ListView
> control, when the ListView control has lost focus to
> another control on the same form or another form in the
> same VB project?  Any help or hints on this topic would be
> greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 22:16:11 GMT

1. MS ListView control deselects selected items when it regains focus

2. MS ListView control deselects selected items when it regains focus

3. Listview, keep focus on selected item in VB6

4. ListView control - Keeping selected items looking selected

5. ListView 'non-selected' items

6. jump listview to the hilight item (selected item)...

7. ListView Control - Removing selected items from the list

8. Why does the previous selected item in a ListView get selected for a short moment

9. to retrieve the currently selected item in a ListView control

10. Show selected items of 2 ListView controls??

11. Selecting Items AND SubItems in ListView control

12. Remove Selected item in ListView Control