Flat button control
Author Message
 Flat button control

I have a VB6 form that is visually similar to a File Open dialog.  I have a command button that invokes a pop-up menu to select the list style - small, large icons, list, detail.  I have the Appearance set to "0 - Flat" and Style set to "1 - Graphical".  The button is not flat.  What am I doing wrong?  I did a screen capture of the corresponding button from Explorer, so I need the graphical style.

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Flat button control
Todd...

Quote:
> I have a VB6 form that is visually similar to a File Open dialog.  I have
> command button that invokes a pop-up menu to select the list style -
small,
> large icons, list, detail.  I have the Appearance set to "0 - Flat" and
Style
> set to "1 - Graphical".  The button is not flat.  What am I doing wrong?
> did a screen capture of the corresponding button from Explorer, so I need
> the graphical style.

The VB CommandButton won't be able to do what you want it to do.

I'll soon be releasing a button control on the Excalibur Software Web site
that can display with a flat appearance and much more. When you first drop
an instance of the control on a form, it appears just as a standard VB
CommandButton, but its properties allow an enormous amount of visual
customization.
If you'd like, I can send you a preview copy of the OCX and a sample
project - just e-mail me directly and I'll get it to you.

--
Ben Baird, MVP
Excalibur Software

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Flat button control

There is a Flat Button control at   http://www.devpower.com .  It should give what you are looking for.

--
Later,
Jody

http://www.visual-statement.com/vb

    I have a VB6 form that is visually similar to a File Open dialog.  I have a command button that invokes a pop-up menu to select the list style - small, large icons, list, detail.  I have the Appearance set to "0 - Flat" and Style set to "1 - Graphical".  The button is not flat.  What am I doing wrong?  I did a screen capture of the corresponding button from Explorer, so I need the graphical style.

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Flat Button Control

2. Free .NET Flat Button Update...

3. Flat Button vs Form Hide, Help!!!

4. Flat Buttons in Toolbars with .NET

5. Free .NET Flat Button Update...

6. Button Style - Flat

7. Making a command button flat

8. Flat Buttons in VB

9. How to create flat buttons tool bar ?

10. Flat command buttons.

11. Flat vs 3d buttons

12. Flat Command Button in VB5