Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx
Author Message
 Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx

I had exactly this problem when developing a program for the company I work
for. It set us back about three days. Luckily for you the controls you are
talking about are no longer in a Beta stage, that is they are freely
distributable as VB5 has been released properly. I suggest that you try to
  get hold of a copy of these new 'ocx'es and distribute them with your
setup. Otherwise you will need to redo any controls associated with Windows
Common controls, as the different way that the information is stored in the
'vbx' file for the form will make one 'ocx's code unreadable to the other.
Image lists lose their images and controls, such as the tab control or
listview lose their properties. Look for VB5 comctl.ocx version 5.00. If
you want e-mail me and I will send you a copy. My e-mail is

It was a pain in the arse, good luck.
f.

Fri, 17 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx

2. Cant load Comdlg32.ocx or comctl32.ocx

3. COMCTL32.OCX, COMDLG32.OCX, among other problems...

4. Answer to comdlg32.ocx and comctl32.ocx registration problems

5. Problems registering comdlg32.ocx and comctl32.ocx

6. COMCTL32.OCX and COMDLG32.OCX problems.

7. problem with comdlg32.ocx and comctl32.ocx

8. Comdlg32.ocx and comctl32.ocx??

9. Dependency Files for comctl32.ocx and comctl32.ocx

10. Problems with COMDLG32.OCX and TABCTL32.OCX

11. Richtx32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx problem

12. Microsoft VB5 problem loading comctl32.ocx